GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for my tardiness in giving an update on my surgery recovery. I've had all good intentions of posting for the last 5 weeks and have no good excuse. :confused:
I had broken my left tibia and fibia (lower leg) just above the ankle. Surgery was completed on 6/30, a total of 7 screws and a plate on one bone and 2 screws 2 1/2" long on the other bone. I'm currently in a walking boot and about 2 weeks ahead of schedule according to the dr. I've probably got another 4 - 6 weeks before I'm totally free and somewhat back to normal. I've started to look for a couple things that I'll need to get my bike back in good riding order again. Overall I'm very blessed that the damage was very light to my bike and not any worse on me.
I want to thank everyone for all that you did for me in Bryson City and for your thoughts and prayers throughout my ordeal. All of you that attended the SMRI have given me an even better imagine of what friends are all about. Thank you. :bow:
I hope to see you back out on the road sometime this fall.
Take care, God Bless You and stay safe.
Keith "Buckeye"

·
Registered
427 Posts
Keith,
Glad to hear you're on the mend and soon to be back on the bike:congrats:.
It was great to meet you @ SMRI, sorry it was under such circumstances. Hope to see you back on the road in the future.

May God Bless,

Mike & Kim

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Keith,

Thanks for the update and it was good to meet you and your friends.

If I can ever do anything for you just let me know. Good to hear the surgery went well and you will be back riding again soon.

Bobby

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Where is my $60 bottle of Scotch you promised about an hour after they gave you the pain pills dammit!!! I will forgo the promised steak dinner at Rachel's for the bottle.... :joke:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Keith
Sorry i missed your call today. Sounds like you are doing good for the type of break it was. I hope you continue to heal well. If there is anything you need let me know.
Gary

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Keith
Great to hear that you are on the mend. It is always great to meet vist with you at SMRI. Hope to see you at some more ride to eats this winter. I will be down in Florida from Jan. till middle of April again this year hope to do some more rideing and eating with the both of you then. I still have you in my prayers, for a quit healing. Thake care my friend. Wayne :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
818 Posts
Keith,
Good to hear you are having a quick recovery.
Enjoyed meeting and talking with you at SMRI.
I really felt guilty leaving Gracey each day and seeing you sitting on the porch like a scolded pup. You really handled that well.
Good luck on your continued recovery and hope that you get back in the saddle soon.

Jim

·
Florida Moderator
4,617 Posts

Hey Keith, here's a little incentive to get back in the saddle. Bald River Falls, Cherohala Skyway

North end of Deal's Gap...Tom, Jamie, Phyllis, Ken, Mike, and Keith

1 - 12 of 12 Posts