GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been in Bryson City finalizing the ride in for the last week and think it has all come together again for another year. Special thanks to few great people that stepped up this year to do various jobs. :bow:

I spent most of the week checking on the BBQ, Fish Fry and picking up all the raffle, door prizes from the local merchants. When I talked to the business owners they said they are looking forward to us coming in for the 3rd year in a row and it shows with all the gifts that were donated to us this year for the event.
Most all of them will be raffled off on Thursday night at the parking lot party at Gracey Manor Motel starting at 7:30. Bring lots of money to win some great gifts.
Bring your own Drinks, Snacks and Bag Chairs.
The Motel has some chairs if you don't.

For those who win a gift please if you use it thank them for their support. For those who won a gift certificate last year and did not get a chance to use it please bring it and they will honor it this year.

All the Motels have openings due to some people that had to cancel.
If you still need a place to stay please give one of them a call.

The shirts are ready to be picked up when you get in to town.
If you need one ask James he might have a few extra in gray & white.

Sorry to hear we have a few people that had to cancel out for various reasons. We hope to see you next year.

Also don't forget to bring all your stuff for the auction with you.
Lets help the kids again this year.

Everyone have a Safe Ride here.
See you starting on monday

Thanks,
Gary

·
Florida Moderator
4,617 Posts
Hey Gary,

Thank you for all your efforts in making SMRI the great event that it is:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
I'll second that and by the way who punched John in the snot locker? Did you two have a tiff:?::joke::joke::wrong:

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Check The SMRI Website

Well, Gary gave me more info for the rides (SMRI Home page), so I'm convinced that the word 'final' is subject to change. So now, the date last updated is above the ride schedule. Events get added & edited as fast as I get them, so check back often for the latest info, which is subject to change!

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I've given Slow Joe a statement to read at the Fish Fry - all your questions will be answered, and he will read it slowly so as not to have to repeat it!
You also said I could ad-lib.:twisted::twisted::twisted:

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
A little known secret about the raffle at the bar-b-cue. If you buy a ticket you might win something. If you buy $20 worth of tickets, like I did last year, you way up your odds. I think I won 3 or 4 items last year. Mostly free meals and such at local restuarants. As I would win I would give the winnings to the locals(Smoky Mountain Riders) folks that could use them anytime a lot easier than I could. Just a way of thanking them for thier hours of work on this gathering. Just a thought....
P.S. Be prepared for glares from the folks that just bought 1 ticket. They were not informed about this $20 secret.:rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts