GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gary,

Thank you and all the other fantastic volunteers who worked so hard to pull off another successful event.

Thanks also to the generosity of the attendees, who gave unselfishly so that children in Bryson City will have a little brighter Christmas.

Great job, Gary!

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Smri iv

The website is updating and the dates for next year:

SMRI IV June 19 - 23

Many of the motels will take reservations now for 2012. Remember: some are seasonal and don't answer the phone over the winter.

Thanks to all who attended and all who helped out. As soon as I get the wrap up from Gary, I will post the results under the Updates page of the SMRI website.

A special thanks to Dan who supplied the videos for this year.

Just that quickly, another Ride In is over, the website has been updated and you may register for next year! Gary will have additional information to include here and I will update the SMRI Updates page based upon his report.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
When the results are gathered, last years group will need new pants. Thier's got beat off of them this year. !!GO 2011!!:congrats::lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Erc?

When the results are gathered, last years group will need new pants. Thier's got beat off of them this year. !!GO 2011!!:congrats::lol::lol::lol:
Joe: I heard some crash reports, and I hope everyone involved is OK. Perhaps we all need an ERC before attending next year!

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
I just got home about an hour ago. We (Red Willy) and I decided to leave and head back to Indiana yesterday. Weather ahead of us was the determing factor. We did miss all the bad weather and spent last night in Danville, Ky. Rode all the way home except about 60 miles on 2 and some 4 lane highways. We did jump on the interstate for the 60 miles just to get on home.

I had a very good time and want to thank all who were responsible for the great time that seemed to be had by all.

Sure hope that anyone who had any accidents heal fast and no one was seriously hurt.

Looking forward to next years event.

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Gary,

Thank you and all the other fantastic volunteers who worked so hard to pull off another successful event.

Thanks also to the generosity of the attendees, who gave unselfishly so that children in Bryson City will have a little brighter Christmas.

Great job, Gary!
:agree::thumbup::thumbup: Norm , Bonnie and Myself just got home a 8 pm today. Very nice ride home. We are all looking forward to next year. :excited::excited:

·
Registered
818 Posts
Smri

:thumbup:

Had a great time. 1st one for me, but not the last. Enjoyed meeting a lot of folks in person. Thanks to all the people who put it together and made it happen. These events are more difficult to put together than most realize.
Hope all made it home safe, especially the Prowlers who endured some temps in the high 90's.
Hope to see some of you down the road.

JIM

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
We had a great time! Hopefully made some new friends! Most important was everyones support of the Carolina Mountain Riders and their "Xmas For The Kids" drive!:bow:

·
Registered
650 Posts
Ditto on everything...............

Gary and cast of characters did another outstanding job:bow: Thanks be to God for watching over the 2 "incidents" and keeping the riders safe from serious injury. I have to say it was rather ingenious how Richard, Joe, Jay and all of us pulled off that Wing rescue from the edge of a cliff. Everybody in Bryson City seemed to welcome us with open arms. So many stories to tell of the great times had by all.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Mary and I got home this evening (6/27) about 7:30PM. We had a great time. Thanks to all that work so hard to make this a great event. Added benefit: All the loot that Mary won at the raffle made the trip in the trailer just fine. :lol:

Small world story: We caught up to a westbound Goldwing this afternoon on I-74 around Peoria IL. He happened to be on CB 1 - and we started to chat. Turns out he was at SMRI as well. Don't recall his handle - but he is the one that got the hand held CB at the fish fry auction.

Ron Fuller

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Always glad to meet....

Good to make new friends and see a chat with the old ones. Had a GR8 time. Hope to make it next year but time will tell for sure.

Keith, thoughts and prayers for a speedy and complete recovery. Keep us posted of your progress.

Had a wonderful time and won many good items at the Fish Fry / auction. Thanks to all the folks who donated items for the auction.

Ride Safe and Ride often.

Happy Trails!

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Good to make new friends and see a chat with the old ones. Had a GR8 time. Hope to make it next year but time will tell for sure.

Keith, thoughts and prayers for a speedy and complete recovery. Keep us posted of your progress.

Had a wonderful time and won many good items at the Fish Fry / auction. Thanks to all the folks who donated items for the auction.

Ride Safe and Ride often.

Happy Trails!
Hey Bobby - how did you get them bears to wave like that??? :?: :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
I'm feeling guilty right now because I took over 500 pictures and haven't posted any yet, well except for Shorty receiving his Kingsized fishing lure. Anyway, what a tremendous job ya'll did this year (better than ever) putting on the event. Special thanks to Gary, Gail, Mike, Kriss, Bobby, Ann, Slow Joe, Shorty and Jacquie. I was on both rides where guys went down; thank God they weren't seriously injured. Now that the dust has settled I can tell you how impressive it was to see Ken (UmpireBB) in action. On both wrecks he kept a cool head and pretty much took charge, giving direction where necessary. He even had the forethought to call the Coast Guard for assistance on Keith's wreck. It was on the Cherohala in a down hill left turn sweeper when we heard, "we've lost Keith, Keith's gone down, MAYDAY MAYDAY." I looked for the rescue chopper but didn't see one. Guess the CB wouldn't transmit that far. Yep, it was the most interesting and exciting SMRI yet, can't wait for next year, just don't want to see any more bikes down. I love you guys and gals. Stay safe.

Tom

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
:clap2::thumbup:

Tom, when I heard him say that, I was waiting for the O2 masks to fall down from the overhead when I realized I was not on a plane.... :joke:

·
Registered
427 Posts
Keith was scheduled to have surgery to repair the breaks today, Thursday 6/30 @ 1pm. Have not heard any further....

·
Registered
547 Posts
Prayers for Keith! He was one of my new friends from SMRI III so seeing him on crutches was not a highlight of my trip.

Thanks guys and gals for putting this together one more year. The opportunity to join old friends and new on some of the neatest roads east of the Rockies is something very special.

It will be mightly hard to pass up on SMRI IV as the memories of SMRI III linger over the summer, fall and winter months.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts