GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed lately that I have not seen any mice in our garage where I keep my bike, and not seeing a mouse or two every now and then is odd since we live out in the country. Anyway, today I fine out why I have no more mice, I have a little snake instead that has been eating the mice! I guess that is a good thing because that will keep them from building nest in my trunk and air filter! But on the other hand I would hate to have a snake in my bike too!!! :22yikes:

·
Registered
425 Posts
That would depend on the snake.
But then having a snake stiking his/her nose out of a nook or cranny on the bike could cause an unexpected change of pants. :eek:4:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Burn the garage with the bike & snake in it!!! Claim insurance new bike new garage no snake no mice :joke:

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Snakes are excellent mousers...better than cats...pay it well!

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Burn the garage with the bike & snake in it!!! Claim insurance new bike new garage no snake no mice :joke:
OH, Heck no. You want to keep those suckers around. As long as you don't have any kids or pets to worry about crossing paths with the viper, keep it around and enjoy the vermin free environment.;)
Steve F

·
Registered
661 Posts
I see a new accessory for the Wing..... on-board snake.;)

OR... a new service at the next RTE... snake your wing. $ 15.00

The debates could rage over who has the best mouser.

AMSnake? or Synthsnake

I would like a small BOA and name it Crush-Washer.

:joke: Just for fun.

Don

·
Crazy Northerner
8,628 Posts
Wow, did someone say snakes? They make great pets and do keep mice away. I had 128 in my basement at one time. Cut back and only have 6 now.

·
Registered
812 Posts
If we ever have a snake in or near the house we have to move because according to my wife "now they know where we live" :)

Jason

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Wow, did someone say snakes? They make great pets and do keep mice away. I had 128 in my basement at one time. Cut back and only have 6 now.
Yeah...great pets, all cold blooded killers. Glad this has not happened to you.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1904756/burmese_python_kills_2yearold_baby.html

An 8-foot long pet Burmese python, one of the world's longest snakes, escaped from its terrarium Wednesday, crawled into the Florida bedroom of a 2-year-old baby, then bit and strangled the little girl, killing her...

·
Crazy Northerner
8,628 Posts
Sorry to hear that, but locked cages and proper training make a big difference. Same as some dog breeds.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Is it poisonous? Snakes creep me out.

I have noticed lately that I have not seen any mice in our garage where I keep my bike, and not seeing a mouse or two every now and then is odd since we live out in the country. Anyway, today I fine out why I have no more mice, I have a little snake instead that has been eating the mice! I guess that is a good thing because that will keep them from building nest in my trunk and air filter! But on the other hand I would hate to have a snake in my bike too!!! :22yikes:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Garage and barn snakes are great to have around. They're very low maintenance pest removers.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
I caught a coral snake once in Florida. Did not have anything to put it in so I put the coral snake in a paper bag, back when you got brown bags at a grocery store.

Folded the top about three times, poked some tiny air holes in the bag , set it in the back seat of the jeep.

I was going to stop off and sell it to the Ross Allen Research Place, got there and no snake in the bag.

Uh oh.

I rolled up all the window, left the jeep sit in the hot sun for a week.

Never did find that snake. :lol:

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
I won't bother them if they don't bother me, but when I open the laundry room door to the garage and a 6' snake is curled up on the threshold.....Here Comes the JUDGE!!!

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have experienced thousands of dollars in wiring damage due to rodents.
For some reason they love the insulation used on wires.

A wiring harness on a Acura is expensive.!

RJ

·
Registered
465 Posts
We have an overabundance of Black snakes in out neck of the woods and a history of them wanting to live in our attached garage.
As much as I like the fact that they take care of any mice I just don’t like being surprised by them when searching for something in the garage so when located I move them outside to another part of our property.
I had just settled in the Black Hills on a ride with a couple of friends when at 9:00 pm I received a phone call from the wife. She had just stepped out in the garage and almost on top of a large Black Snake. In a panic she had declared to not go back to the garage till I removed our uninvited guest.
Now not going back in the garage till I got home is not a big deal unless the dog wants to eat or the wife wants to go to work ( she needs to work so I can Play) so I called the neighbor who found captured and remove a 5 ft. Black snake from the garage. Owe him a beer.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Sorry to hear that, but locked cages and proper training make a big difference. Same as some dog breeds.
Yeah but..the training part can be a btch. Can't seem to get one to "fetch" at all.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts