GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd post a photo of the snow on Pikes Peak as seen from my house, but we are having one of those rare mornings where I can barely see past the edge of my deck....clouds, fog, rain, etc.

There is lots of fresh snow on Pikes Peak that can be seen in the photo from the Pikes Peak Cog Railway webcam (this updates automatically, so if you see this later in the day it may look different). Looks pretty nasty up there this morning at about 8am; at 8:45 they had now cleared a path from the summit house to the cog railway stop, so the train must be on the way to the top; in the noon image the train had arrived:

·
Registered
836 Posts
I'd post a photo of the snow on Pikes Peak as seen from my house, but we are having one of those rare mornings where I can barely see past the edge of my deck....clouds, fog, rain, etc.

There is lots of fresh snow on Pikes Peak that can be seen in the photo from the Pikes Peak Cog Railway webcam (this updates automatically, so if you see this later in the day it may look different). Looks pretty nasty up there this morning at about 8am:

I must have stayed fairly near you, during the Salute To American Veterans Rally in Cripple Creek a few weeks ago. A friend of a friend has a cabin up in the hills north of town (elevation: 10043 feet). Aside from having to watch where you put your kickstand down, because there isn't a level bit of ground ANYWHERE, it's beautiful out there! We could see Pike's Peak from the cabin deck:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Yeap, old man winter is coming. They announced on the news last night that Trail Ridge Road was closed yesterday as well.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Yup! Snow in Rhinelander, WI also. Farther south we have a frost warning for tonight.

I think I'll put away the camping gear now.

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
yup...
it's that time of year again.

in a few months Dave will be talking about renting a condo in Florida and riding on our boring roads..

:)

Dennis

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
And the clouds lifted for a while this afternoon (or at least most of them) and I got the following photo from the house:

·
Registered
830 Posts
We were in Estes Park on June 19th, the road was closed for snow and wind in the morning, Mt Evans road was closed, when we got to Mesa Verde there was a chance of snow the night we stayed, you sure have a short summer out there Dave

·
Registered
718 Posts
WOW dave very nice, i was just checking our intinary for this time next year and it has us in estes park so i hope that weather comes a little later in 2012 but just shows we will need a cold weather gear

johng

·
Registered
999 Posts
On Tuesday I had a wonderful ride over Trailridge road, today it was closed because of white death! Hope the weather is better tomorrow as I head up to Estes Park and the Pourdre Canyon and my farewell to Colorado weekend. Sure has been a wonderful two weeks.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
WOW dave very nice, i was just checking our intinary for this time next year and it has us in estes park so i hope that weather comes a little later in 2012 but just shows we will need a cold weather gear

johng
Just remember, if it comes it does not last long. Supposed to be just beautiful this weekend and next week. The fresh snow on the peaks makes it even better. Last year we were tooling around Rockies-Gold 2010 near Frisco at this time with beautiful weather.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts