GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't been able to ride for nearly 2 months now. It has been repeatedly snowing here in Colorado Springs area. Snows almost every weekend, the streets get ALMOST rideable towards Thursday/Friday....then we get the weekend snow. More snow forcast for this coming weekend too.

Getting bored around here on the weekends,,,,can't even wash or polish the bike.....tooooooo cold, was 2 degrees this morning.

Come on warm weather of spring and summer.

Zipper

·
Chard Member
13,063 Posts
Sorry you're having lousy weather. It seems winter has been kind to most so far.

I'll ride some for you.... :D

·
Registered
851 Posts
Sorry guys. I'm afraid I caused all this real winter stuff. I should have known that if I bought my Wing in October things would go down hill. At least I got to put 2,000 miles on before the cold and snow came in.

NOOOOOOOO I take it back. I'm not sorry. The weather is bound to warm up eventually. At least it always has in the past. Spring is coming isn't it?

Oh no I caused an ice-age. :lol:

Truck

·
Banned
1,247 Posts
Truck,
I got mine in Oct also got about 2300 miles on it, I expect to get a lot more in the near future, not for a while 18deg here now.
Hazle

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Yep, very cold. I got about four inches of snow yesterday (Sunday) and overnight it was down to -15 (that is, minus 15). Has warmed up to +7 now. Beautiful, but cold. Brilliant blue sky and sunshine. Toasty in my house with the sun coming through the glass and the woodstove (gas furnace does not even kick on during the daylight hours).

Lots of snow around the house, that's for sure. Most I have seen since I moved here in 1988. I love the beauty, but I've had about enough.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Hang in there Truck. This is the longest my 02 has been parked since it rolled off the dealers lot five years ago. :cry:

I've also put more miles on my cage in the last month than I have in the previous five years. :shock:

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
So far, this has been a very mild winter for us. Still no measurable snow, only flurries as of 1/15/07. That's unheard of, for S.W. Indiana. I hope it stays this way, & then turns off nice about March. :lol:

·
Registered
260 Posts
SNOW !!!

I wish we had snow instead of what we have. One to two inches of ice all over South Central and South Eastern Oklahoma. I have not lost power here but have been stuck inside with the flu and all this ice outside. Hope the wife keeps the wood stove full.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm not sure why you guys on the eastern slope are whining.... Did you see our temp. this morning in Craig? -35 deg. our high was -8 deg., -14 deg right now. If it is like this tomorrow I'm going to have to put on pants.......and put the shorts away.... fire-151

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
I got a quick reminder why I hate snow so much. Took 4 hours of plowing with the 4-wheeler to clear off the 6" we got last night. Now it is snowing hard again. Where is that warm weather we had last week?

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Man, I am gonna quit complaining about traffic in Los Angeles. At least I can get out and ride. Even if it's what people here think is reeeeeally cold (temps in the 30's), all I have to do is layer up a bit and I can ride! I guess everything has its trade-offs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts