GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 ROF this afternoon from Tire Rack. I plan to put it on my spare rim to try after my Pirelli is worn out. I used a credit card with my wife's name on it and just got a call back from Tire Rack wanting to verify a "snow tire" going to Florida! I explained it was for the left side of my wife's Zamboni and would be fine!:wrong: She should get it in a few days!:lol: WimpyHonda says it's a good tire and that's good enough recommendation for me!

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
What would your wife use a Zamboni in FL for? :shrug:

Good fast thinking on your feet though. :thumbup:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
:congrats: I want to drive the Zamboni!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Heck, I had to look up what a Zamboni was. :shrug:

Now I know!

Murgie, now you know why I want to drive it!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
I used one last Winter... Great tire. :thumbup:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
And I thought you were talking about the Zamboni, so you could try out the tire!:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Why did you pull it off for the summer? I understood the heat wasn't a factor.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Hey Jamie... keep us posted as to how that tire behaves, wiil you! :yes1:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Zambonis!

I have hundreds of hours on Zambonis. Used to manage a hockey rink when I was in college. Trust me when I say they lose their gee whiz apppeal right about the time you start getting good at driving them. It's a lot like cutting grass!

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Zambonis!

I have hundreds of hours on Zambonis. Used to manage a hockey rink when I was in college. Trust me when I say they lose their gee whiz apppeal right about the time you start getting good at driving them. It's a lot like cutting grass!
Did they have ROF or NRF tires on them?:joke:

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
I ordered a Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 ROF this afternoon from Tire Rack. I plan to put it on my spare rim to try after my Pirelli is worn out. I used a credit card with my wife's name on it and just got a call back from Tire Rack wanting to verify a "snow tire" going to Florida! I explained it was for the left side of my wife's Zamboni and would be fine!:wrong: She should get it in a few days!:lol: WimpyHonda says it's a good tire and that's good enough recommendation for me!

I have gotten better mileage out of winter tires. I got over 18K outof a dunlop 3D and this Michelin. I think this Michelin is going to do a lot better. As for Kumhos at 14K the sides were slick. But if you dont run the twisties all the time it would go a lot more miles. The winter tires work great on a bike never slipped on wet or paint.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Why did you pull it off for the summer? I understood the heat wasn't a factor.

Because it was worn out, silly rabbit. :lol:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Duh...

Just had Firestone pull the Kumho off after 19K and installed the Michelin PA3. Looking for some snow now. :) I put 3 oz of beads in it

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Duh...

Just had Firestone pull the Kumho off after 19K and installed the Michelin PA3. Looking for some snow now. :) I put 3 oz of beads in it
You're gonna like the tire. :yes1: I'll also bet you get more mileage.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts