GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped at the Harley Davidson showroom near my house this morning to do some early Christmas shopping for a couple of Harley riding relatives. Plus, I enjoy looking at the shiny Hogs in the showroom.

A tire HD is offering for winter riding was on display. It's called the FXRSNWTRE and it has a softer rubber compound and blockier tread for better control in winter conditions. The tires look sort of like the knobbies on that big BMW trailie, but with a more squared-off tread pattern.

They look like the ticket for extending the riding season here in Wisconsin. Anyone on this board have experience with this type of tire that you'd like to share?

Thanks.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Mike, sounds like a good idea to me.
This morning I was at work and talking to my brother about thinking a Goldwing trike would be neat to have.
I asked him if he thought I could put studded snow tires on the back of a trike. :wink:
I have always loved the atc 90's and 110's, when i was a kid I would of traded any one of my brothers for one. I guess now that I am a little older older the the idea of a trike has just grown up a bit.
Yes I did finally get my atc's I have an atc 70, 90 and a 185. I have had several others over the years too. Even though my dad wouldn't (couldn't) buy me one as a kid I have let him ride my 185, he loves it!
Do you suppose the balloon knobbies would be available for a wing trike? :p

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
We have a board member who lives in Alaska, He rides in the winter and uses a Dunlop Car Winter radial on the rear of his Goldwing and does just fine !!!

Check with AKLDRIDER, he lives in Glennallen, Alaska and is on this board a lot. He has some really great bike on snow pictures.

I have two pictures of his wing in the snow .. Go to www.toemoss.com/pictures and click on the care tire album, then go to the last page and see his bike in the DEEP snow.

JMHO 8)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts