GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my 2005 Gold Wing under cover in the garage! I have a 92 Ski Doo Formula Plus. 1050 miles on it! :oops: I am in need of oil. When I bought the sled in 92, I bought some Amasoil for it. Is it still good? Is there a shelf life? The container has never been opened. If it isn't good and I buy a new batch, do I just mix it with the little regular oil that is left in the oil tank? Or should I put a few more miles on first? :lol:

(This may seem like I am joking, but I am serious and knew I could get a respected answer here)

Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Bill in U.P. Michigan

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
Bulldog is the resident Amsoil distributor/expert on the board. He should be able to assist you with whatever you need and he offers a discount to board members.

Bartman

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Give the bottle a good shake and go ahead and use it.
Shaking it will help mix up the dye in the oil as it mayhave fallen out of suspention.
I like to see as much of the old oil that's in the tank used up or sucked out.
Then put the new oil in.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Bill,
If it's been a while since you rode your sled, then make sure to have the carbs cleaned. If the jets are plugged with varnish and you run the engine you can end up with serious damage. I learned this the hard way.

Oh yeah... greetings from a fellow Yooper. I grew up in the Soo.
Dave

·
Registered
679 Posts
Snow? Int whut is "snow"?

Ride long and safe..and was 80 + today. Surf temp 75. And, yeh, I been to the UP..on a warship.

John
ETC (SW) USN ret
The Sabre Group ret
EDS ret
'06 GL18HPNAC6

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you gentleman for the reply. John, what Warship and when? That sounds interesting.

Keghead, I had the carbs cleaned the year before last. It was running kind of fast on idle, took it in and they said carbs were gummed up. I have started it this year and ran nice at idle so I am going to assume all is well. Have a broken fuel line to repair first and the last two days all the snow melted.

But, alas, for those of you who know the U.P., we WILL be getting more snow.

Merry Chirstmas to all and a Happy (and safe) New Year.

Bill in da U.P.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts