GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HJC makes a snowmobile helmet. Looks exactly like a motorcycle helmet. I cannot find the info. that lists the difference. I like the heated shield option and they are on closeout for $149.00. Anyone have any experience with these?

·
Registered
935 Posts
The sno series helmets are no different than a basic highway helmet. Sno helmets will nornally come with either a dual or electric lens, and breath deflector, to prevent fog and icing. I would not use my HJC w/electric shield for the road because the shield is not quite as tight fitting and would be afraid of loss, also the electric cord can be tempermental and a PITA, the dual lenses are much bulkier and not worth the effort - as only an electric can be fog and ice free when used in it's proper application. I have been very satisfied with a simple pin-loc shield on the road - it works as intended(fog free) and doesn't change the operation/profile of the lens. JMHO

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
We have the HJC full face flip front helmets for our Trike and our Snowmobiles.
Only difference is that I have the Fog Free face shields on the snowmobile ones.
Never have a problem with them fogging up and don't have to worry about the heater cord.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I use my HJC flip for both the bike and sled.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Question, does the HJC sno machine helmet have a DOT sticker?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a full face helmet with the pinlock and it works fine. I have lost weight and it has stretched and now I need a size medium helmet. The idea of the electric visor piqued my interest.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Larry, ours snowmobile helmets are the same as our motorcycle helmets
with all the stickers.
The only thing I did was to change the face shields from a single pane to a double pane shield.
There is a air space between the two panes to prevent fogging/icing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts