GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came by the Snowy Range road on my way back from Bountiful, Utah after thanksgiving and noticed that the road was blocked because of snow. Expect that it will be really blocked today after the forecasted 10 to 20" falls. Snowy Range AND the Rist Canyon/Poudre Canyon to Walden is one of our favorite summer rides.

2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry, didn't mean to start a new thread on Ziggy's post.

Didn't mean to start a new thread on Ziggy's post about Colorado riding but somehow I did by accident.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
We rode Poudre canyan this summer durring our trip to Estes, IT IS AN AWSOME RIDE!....
I would love to pull any 200 mi. of road from there and deposit it here in the Omaha NE area (everything here is flat and straight!).

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Didn't mean to start a new thread on Ziggy's post about Colorado riding but somehow I did by accident.
You mean non-riding, don't you?

He just lives in a different Wyoming than I have seen. South Central Wyoming includes the Snowy range, the Wind River Gorge, Thermopolis Hot springs, Green River, and some other really nice scenery. Guess what you are saying is Wyoming is now white.......

I also heard the snow in Wyoming does not melt - it just wears out.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I dont know how long it has been closed for. We went there in August I believe. Very pretty. I wonder why they dont plow it in the winter time. I would LOVE to get up there with the snow and everything around. I figure they dont plow because of the elevations, but its not that bad of a road so it makes me wonder why

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
ziggystyles said:
I dont know how long it has been closed for. We went there in August I believe. Very pretty. I wonder why they dont plow it in the winter time. I would LOVE to get up there with the snow and everything around. I figure they dont plow because of the elevations, but its not that bad of a road so it makes me wonder why
Hey Zig, do you miss Minn so much that you keep their weather banner on your signature? :lol: :lol: Not much warmer there than in Wyoming! :lol:
DC

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Dream Catcher said:
Hey Zig, do you miss Minn so much that you keep their weather banner on your signature? :lol: :lol: Not much warmer there than in Wyoming! :lol:
DC
I do miss MN...just havent taken the time to tweak the banner, but I changed it for ya!

·
Registered
125 Posts
:yes: We live in Cheyenne, One of our favorit rides start by going on Happy Jack rd. up to the summit on i-80 over to Laramie and over the Snowie Range then over to Encampment or Saratoga and from there on Wy 70 to Baggs, over to Graig, Colo and to Steamboat spring from there to Walden, Colo and back to Laramie & to Cheyenne About a 530 mile trip, Also we like to go over to Walden and down the pouder canyon to Ft. collins and back to Cheyenne nice one day trips, also we try to go over Rocky Mt. National park some times east to west and some times west to east, Trail Ridge like Snowie Range is closed from about October to May, They open it Memorial week end, Great snowmobiling up on the Snowie Range but you do not want to go up there alone, A storm can blow in quike and white out's are common you will see that in Rawlins this winter the snow does not come down straight in Wyoming it comes down sideway's

2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You're right about the wind in Wyoming

You're right about the wind from the " West" in Wyoming, we were in the Jeep coming back from Bountiful, Utah and I wore down the "East" side of my tires!!

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
cheyfinn said:
:. . you will see that in Rawlins this winter the snow does not come down straight in Wyoming it comes down sideway's
When I lived in Laraimie I figured it only snowed once per year and the rest of the time the wind just blew that snow around.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Re: You're right about the wind in Wyoming

Canyon Dancer in Colorado said:
You're right about the wind from the " West" in Wyoming, we were in the Jeep coming back from Bountiful, Utah and I wore down the "East" side of my tires!!
hmmmm :? isn't this an west to east drive???

2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

jafi........

[/quote]hmmmm :? isn't this an west to east drive???[/quote]

I was TACKING into the wind trying to improve the mileage :lol:

·
Registered
2,676 Posts

Canyon Dancer in Colorado said:
I was TACKING into the wind trying to improve the mileage :lol: