GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Payson's high will be in the mid 70's on Wednesday, so several of us are headed to Heber where the high will only touch the mid 60's.

Bummer, sure wish it would have stayed thermonuclear hot for the rest of the year so we could watch the rest of the cement melt. NOT!

Methinks some of you guys and gals might want to consider leaving the heated Valley floor escaping to some cooler climes...

These temps has me considering beating up the Coronado Trail sometime soon as well.

- David

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
The problem is coming BACK to the valley! :LOL:

Reactions: david vaughn

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bummer...

Bummer that the Wild Women Saloon ran out of pastrami over the Labor Day weekend, so I was "forced" to subject my taste buds to their mind blowing brisket sandwich with homemade sauce.

Perhaps next time I'll get the hot pastrami sandwich, but then again several in our group had the wings and tots. WOWZA! Those dishes looked and smelled amazing! One even picked up an order to go for their dinner that night.

Traffic was nearly non-existent and was a tad bit cool rolling through Forest Lakes. I think the temp was in the upper 40's, but I never verified that. Definitely in the lower 50's I'm certain.

Regardless, a very fine day to be out on two wheels!

- David

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I haven't been anywhere since Arkansas last June. Didn't even trailer the wing up to Idaho for our recent annual 2 week stay. I'm WAY overdue for a ride, but life gets in the way at times... 😇

·
Registered
9,191 Posts
Heh...

My wife was the one that recommended a lunch run...get up there, and at first, place looked closed.

Found out from the gal waiting tables (for those that don't know, it's certainly a family-run business!), she told us they'd only been serving sit-down meals since Tuesday. 😊

Onto another tangent...AZ-77 is being repaved - working on the stretch toward Oracle now, nut also suspect they will be moving north toward Mammoth over the coming weeks and months.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Love La Casita in Mammoth! Wish I would have known as my steel stallion would have been antsy to go! I did a whole lot of nothing yesterday...

When's the last time anyone's been to The Wisdom Cafe? It's been nearly 10 years for me, I need to have one of their fruit burritos BEFORE the main meal!

- David

·
Registered
435 Posts
David, had great bbq in Albany. Even better tenderloin in Allendale! Great tenderloin in Ravenwood. Even a good tenderloin and sweet corn nuggets in Rulo! Been great riding weather in NW MO!

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
.......... When's the last time anyone's been to The Wisdom Cafe? It's been nearly 10 years for me, I need to have one of their fruit burritos BEFORE the main meal!
Last November with my in-laws. We went down there after we went to the Tubac annual car show. Great day. We drove the show vehicles.

That‘s if your talking about the location in Tubac. It’s been years since I‘ve been to the one on the frontage road in Tumacacori.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
David, had great bbq in Albany. Even better tenderloin in Allendale! Great tenderloin in Ravenwood. Even a good tenderloin and sweet corn nuggets in Rulo! Been great riding weather in NW MO!
Man, you're killing me, here! BBQ! Tenderloin?! Corn nuggets! Chuck, you DO realize I'm jonesin' for some jaw dropping BBQ, right?!

Regardless, glad you're getting out with the Mayor...

- David

1 - 11 of 11 Posts