GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put my Kumho on 4300 miles ago and am loving it. I will be needing a front soon, will be looking thru this forum to find suggestions. Also want to find how to get my decal! :excited:
:shock:

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Murgie will be along in 5... 4... 3...

Welcome to the darkside. Don't forget your cookies...

·
Registered
9,133 Posts
I've been running CT's for the past 60k+ miles and I am SOLD on the Avon for use on the front. They wear great, provide above average life (16K+ on my last one) and they stock like glue in both wet and dry conditions.

My $.02...

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
:congrats: and Welcome to the DARKSIDE....... :flg:
PM sent...

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Welcome aboard and myself the Bridgestone 709 has worked best for me. Over 60,000 miles running them and not one problem Good luck :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts
Welcome aboard and myself the Bridgestone 709 has worked best for me. Over 60,000 miles running them and not one problem Good luck :thumbup:
I just mounted my 3rd one this summer.I have ran the rest and this is the tire for me. Only other consideration would be Avon but they wear a bit quickly ,and stick no better than G709.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I just mounted my 3rd one this summer.I have ran the rest and this is the tire for me. Only other consideration would be Avon but they wear a bit quickly ,and stick no better than G709.
I am surprised to hear that you got good mileage out of the Bridgestone on the front...wonder if that had to due with the fact you had a CT on the rear....I put a set of BS on the bike 10K ago...and at 8K the fronts cupped...very disappointed...yet when I had my Avon Cobras on, yes they had to be replaced at 10K but they never cupped...just wore evenly...

...again wonder if it had to due with the rear tire...????

Safe Rides

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts
...again wonder if it had to due with the rear tire...????
I am convinced that rear tire will wear front if rear is cupping/scalloping :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Love the G709 too, but I might give an Avon a try sometime. Just no more Dunlops again.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Love the G709 too, but I might give an Avon a try sometime. Just no more Dunlops again.
Love the Avon Cobra, but may try the G709 when I wear out the Conti Motion that I have on now!:thumbup:

·
Registered
826 Posts
front tire

Have 14k on my Bridgestone Batlax BT 45 and still looks like new, no cupping, sticks fine, no noise- great tire.
Andy

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
many thanks..

I ride in the rain and having the great tire out back now makes me want the best rain tire I can get out front. Dont want to "push" in the corners if you know what I mean. I appreciate all of your input and will now do my homework!
Thanks again!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts