GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
because of the 2018
Goldwing, and so far, I do not like the iphone, at all. I honestly don't get why theae are so popular. The android just makes sense, this does not. This is made for smaller hands than mine, I cant type a sentence without a typo, the back button disappears, something is always not working right on this thing or works different than the last time, its mich more cumbersome to operate, in spite of turning off all predictive functions it continues to constantly change words, capitalizes, then you backspace and it erases entire words...I dislike the **** thing.

I do like the capabilities while hooked to the bike, but day to day, this thing is a pita.

I am upset at android for not participating and offering up a solutuon motorcycles. I would switch back in a heartbeat if they did.

·
Registered
218 Posts
We are just old and get used to our operating systems. I have both IPhone X and Android phones. I like the Android for most stuff but have gotten better with the IPhone. Give it time and practice. For texting with the IPhone use the dictation feature ( the little microphone on the bottom of the keyboard ) then you only have to go back and correct stuff. You will be texting like a pro in no time. If you don't understand, do a YouTube search for I phone dictation how to. Good luck and hang in there.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I got the iPhone XR because my android wouldn't update and I couldn't deposit checks into my bank account due to security updates not available for my phone. I had a feeling I was missing something by not being able to access Apple Car Play.....which was only due to the hype of having it. I don't have it on any other vehicles so it wasn't something I really had to have.

I like using the iPhone for the Google Maps and Apple Maps when connected to the bike, but other than that, I don't use it much.
Those maps are so much better than what came on the Honda GPS system.

I do think I like the android phone over the iPhone and I am still trying to figure stuff out on it.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
because of the 2018
Goldwing, and so far, I do not like the iphone, at all. I honestly don't get why theae are so popular. The android just makes sense, this does not. This is made for smaller hands than mine, I cant type a sentence without a typo, the back button disappears, something is always not working right on this thing or works different than the last time, its mich more cumbersome to operate, in spite of turning off all predictive functions it continues to constantly change words, capitalizes, then you backspace and it erases entire words...I dislike the **** thing.

I do like the capabilities while hooked to the bike, but day to day, this thing is a pita.

I am upset at android for not participating and offering up a solutuon motorcycles. I would switch back in a heartbeat if they did.
Kind of funny.....maybe not to you.......
Kids all over the world have iPhones and are super popular.......they have no issues using them, texting or using multiple APPS. :wink2:

Like anything else new/different, technology can seem like a PITA, when in reality you just need to learn how it works......... and use it for a while to get familiar to something that is just different.
I've had Androids in the past and far prefer the iPhone......just got an iPhone 11 and love it.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I am ambidextrous when it comes to the IPhone and Android. I am totally fluent in both devices although IPhone is my preferred device.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kids all over the world have iPhones and are super popular.......they have no issues using them, texting or using multiple APPS. :wink2:

Like anything else new/different, technology can seem like a PITA, when in reality you just need to learn how it works......... and use it for a while to get familiar to something that is just different.
I've had Androids in the past and far prefer then iPhone......just got an iPhone 11 and love it.
I have no doubts it's more user error than anything. That may be what is frustrating me so much. I installed a keyboard called Grammarly last night and it seems to be helping with typos so far.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I bought a new I phone SE model, and use it when I am on the bike for the capabilities it adds for navigation. I use and Android all other times. I just move my T-Mobile sim card from one to the other. Gives me the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I don't know about you guys but I am old enough to remember radios with valves and shortwave 1-5 or so.
No TV, man on the moon, qwerty key boards and computers.....

New mobile phones. I hate them. Why?
I guess I get comfortable using what I had.
Didn't use most of the aps but was happy enough with what features I did use.

Then for whatever reason it needed to be replaced, and the buggers have changed them so you have to really knuckle down and re-learn how to use it.

Now where did I put my glasses?

·
Registered
222 Posts

I've had Androids in the past and far prefer the iPhone......just got an iPhone 11 and love it.
just curious I am getting ready to upgrade my iphone from 7+ to either an xr or the 11. did you have any problems when connecting to the bike? (other then the normal issues)

·
Registered
8,307 Posts
Sorry. I would never switch to an i-anything. My plan for a new bike would have been to get an old, used Crapple 5S to keep in the trunk and connect it to my Essential PH-1 mobile hotspot for data if I wanted to try Car Play. Luckily I decided to snap up a NOS 2017 instead. Now I don't have to worry about it. :D

·
Registered
127 Posts
because of the 2018

I feel the exact opposite. I tried a android and couldn’t wait to get another iphone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
218 Posts
iPhone for 10 years. Zero issues and would never have a cheap knockoff Android. iCloud is great, my phone, my iPad, my Mac all sync up seamlessly Just my thoughts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Cheap knock off android? Samsung hangs in there with all IPhones. It is just a different operating system. Apple vs The World. My newest IPhone does have facial recognition to unlock, which I love.

·
Registered
466 Posts
If you're an Apple user, the seamless integration from device to device is a huge plus, giving the advantage to the iPhone.

I used to maintain both non Apple and Apple platforms from phones to tablets, to computers, but I quit doing this three years ago when I retired and could no longer charge the devices to my employer.

I chose to drop the non Apple gear. It was a good call for us.

Some of my kids are using Androids, and we have problems maintaining contact with them. Some are using iPhones, and it is easy to maintain contact with them. I don't even have to be near the phone to use the phone's features ... many of them show up on my desktop.

I think it is hard to adjust to new stuff though ... especially as we get older.

Reactions: RickLB and Bayrec
1 - 20 of 36 Posts