GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was just starting to get dark as I down shifted into 3rd to stop at the light by the State Police barracks. When the light changed and I made the turn I noticed a fella standing by the road and a bike parked on the side maybe 50 yards further. I pulled over to see if he needed a hand. He told me he was making the same turn a few minutes before when what he thought was a "big" dog ran in front of him. Then he realized it wasn't a dog .... it was a black bear! :eek: It ran down into a thicket of trees. He figured it weighed around 300 pounds .... :shock: ... my next question was .... "and we are sitting here because????"

Be careful out there

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:shock::shock::shock:

As they say ... I didn't have to be faster than the bear ... I only had to be faster than the other guy ... :lol:

·
Registered
17,125 Posts
It helps to realize thatone does not have to out-run the bear, just the other fella.

prs

·
Registered
307 Posts
The Wing has lots of power. Just twist the throttle and get the H outta there!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Last year I was on the Dragon and came across a guy sittting in a Jeep in one of the few turns that has a pull off. I rolled along side him and asked if he had a problem. He pointed up on the hill side and said two small bears just crossed the road. I saw one briefly climbing away.

The next thought that crossed my mind was, "Is their mother gonna cross the road next, right here?"

I told him "Cool" and let out the clutch and rolled away from that spot!

Nature is beautiful, but sometimes it needs to stay at a distance.

Ronnie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts