GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-
Well, all you Mickey Mouse Mafia SNOT Riders Cartel from Out Space folks, the time has come once again for us to button down the shutters, load the Wing on the trailer, and head back to the Great White North. Mind you, the temps in Niagara for this week have been in the 70's, so it wont be very white.

It's been another terrific winter (albeit, a bit cool) in Florida, riding, eating, socializing, jousting, exchanging lies, visiting some terrific new places, and just out-and-out having fun with all of you. It's been a blast. Now I get to go home (my other home) and tell all the folks in Southern Ontario how great it is spending winters in Florida...., especially with name tags. :rolleyes:

We head out in the morning (Friday) for Savannah, where we'll be joining in on a Georgia Meet-n-Greet on Saturday, and we'll likely see a couple of you there. Sunday morning, back on the road to Summersville, WVa, and then home to Niagara on Monday.

We'll get back in touch with some of you at Cats-Cade and again at the Smokey Mountain Ride In..., but for the rest of you, we'll see you in the Fall at a lunch ride somewhere, sometime in October.

Learn from the two tragic accidents this year that affected so many of us; I want to see you all right here when I return..., no exceptions.

Be well, my friends..., and ride safe..... :thumbup:

Catch you all on the flip-flop... :lol:

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
we shall remain nameless until you return...

regards,
anonymous
;)

D

·
0 Posts
Can you take a couple-a-thousand of the Canadians and New Yorkers with you?:joke:

Just the Old, Blind, Deaf, Arthritic and Insane ones; you know, the ones still Driving!:eek:4:

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
I'll probably see you Saturday up in Ga. I will have my semi permanent name tag with me, and some extras. :lol::lol:. If not, have a good trip and see ya on the flip side. We will try and hold down the fort until your return.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Brian, its been a pleasure to host you for your winter months. Thanks for contributing to our taxes. Have a safe trip back up North and I will see you next fall...:thumbup: :cool: :doorag:

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Yea Brian, It's been a pleasure :thumbup:...... Now hurry back when you can't stay as long........ ;)

·
Registered
661 Posts
See Ya, Eh? Have a great summer Brian.......Don

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Brian, Glad we met this year - Have a safe trip back up north and hopefully I see you at the Smokey Mountain ride in.
Steve

·
Registered
334 Posts
Have a safe trip Brian. It was a pleasure meeting you at the Everglades lunch. Thanks for the GPS info.... I have one on order and is set for delivery tomorrow.

See you next fall.

Harry.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Brian
Have a safe trip back
get back soon.
see you in the smoky's
Thanks for all the tags also.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Nice meeting you this year and be safe,see ya in the Smoky Mountains ............Mike and Kriss :p

·
Registered
507 Posts
Brian,
It was a real pleasure meeting you and your wife in San Antonio & Tavares.
Have a safe trip home & a safe summer riding season, when you're out & about! Hope we can meet over lunch again next year. Stay safe & healthy.
I hope my name tage will last until then.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Safe passage Brian. I'm not replacing my roll of duct tape, so as Wingwing said, remain nameless. We're in oHIo right now enjoying some absolutely beautiful weather, friends, food and roads. Heading out in a few minutes for a couple of chili footlongs REAL onion rings, and a chocolate male WITH double malt. Only one place in the world makes them this way. So until fall, ride safe and see you before you know it.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Brian and Val,

be safe, have a great summer and enjoy. I am glad I met both of you and look forward for the first fall lunch ride as soon as you return. stay in touch on the board and tell us about you adventures in the north. I'll be there sometime in August visiting my family.

John

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, we made it home safe and sound..., except for about 60+ mosquito bites that I got in the Hampton parking lot on Saturday night. If there's one in the area, it finds me... :shrug:

Left Largo on Friday morning with bike/trailer in tow, and headed up to Savannah, where we were staying overnight so that we could go to the Georgia Meet 'n' Greet on Saturday. Got the bike unloaded and we were sitting in the lobby about 10:30 on Saturday morning, when in walked Bartman and Tn Charlie. They had just ridden up from Jax and decided to stop in to help show me the way to the restaurant. Fred in GA arrived and we all headed into Savannah for lunch. Met a great bunch of the Georgia folks, along with JohnACman, who had also ridden up for lunch.

After lunch Fred took us for a tour of downtown Savanna (SlowJoe described it as the Savanna "twisites") and a nice ride out to Tybee Island. Unfortunately, it was Saturday afternoon and the temp was about 90F, so the place was mobbed. We made the best of it with a couple of "parking lot socials", then we (along with JohnACman) head back out to I-95 to our hotel.

Sunday morning we hit the super-slab, cruising along at 60-65 with the trailer, and rolled into Summersville, WV in time for a nice dinner and a few adult beverages at Applebys. Monday morning, back on the road, north to Erie, then across the border at Buffalo, and home by 5:00pm.

All the way from Largo, the temp was in the high 80's..., not a drop of rain, and hardly a cloud in the sky. When we arrived home, it was still in the 80's and beautiful. Today is another day. Right now the temp here is 47F and it's p*ssing down rain. So much for summer... :lol:

Now I have to get the bike all cleaned up and sorted out to head down to CatsCade in a couple of weeks. Cant wait.

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Can you take a couple-a-thousand of the Canadians and New Yorkers with you?:joke:

Just the Old, Blind, Deaf, Arthritic and Insane ones; you know, the ones still Driving!:eek:4:
Actually, the truth of the matter is, when all the snowbirds leave, what you're left with is all of the above. ;) On Saturday morning, TN Charlie and I saw TWO drivers slice right through the middle of our little parade, across 3 lanes, no signal, no warning..., just to dive into an exit lane. Strangely, neither car had Ontario or New York plates. I'm guessing they were Georgia plates..., or maybe even Florida.

We may not be the greatest drivers, but we're not the worst either. The Crackers have a lock on THAT one... :lol::lol::lol:

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'll be there sometime in August visiting my family.
Didn't you tell me they are in the Buffalo area? Give me a shout when you get up this way.

In fact, anyone who is planning on being up in the Niagara Falls area this summer, give me a shout.

Thanks for all the nice comments folks..., and we'll see some of you at CatsCade and Smokey Mountain Ride-In, and the rest of you next winter.

D

·
0 Posts
Actually, the truth of the matter is, when all the snowbirds leave, what you're left with is all of the above. ;) On Saturday morning, TN Charlie and I saw TWO drivers slice right through the middle of our little parade, across 3 lanes, no signal, no warning..., just to dive into an exit lane. Strangely, neither car had Ontario or New York plates. I'm guessing they were Georgia plates..., or maybe even Florida.

We may not be the greatest drivers, but we're not the worst either. The Crackers have a lock on THAT one... :lol::lol::lol:

My comment was a Toungue-in-cheek attempt at humor, glad you made it home safely.

Florida has some horrible drivers.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts