GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Schools here have been closed for a week. The ice finally started melting yesterday, and again today. Most main streets are clear, but neighborhoods are still ice covered. And they're calling for up to 10" of snow tomorrow! You guys up north take it back!

The bike's been parked for a week, and will probably be parked next week, too. THAT'S why this is bike related!

·
Chard Member
12,975 Posts
Where's "here"?

Only going to be 70 here tomorrow and upper 70's Sunday. I'll have to wear a sweatshirt to ride tomorrow morning! :(

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Here" is in the Heartland, Oklahoma! We occasionally get snow, but not often. I'm a firefighter, and last year at this time it was in the 70's and the wildfires were raging. Back then, all the stories on TV were about global warming causing the warm winter. Last week we I'm not sure we ever made it out of the 20's until day before yesterday. Haven't heard a word about global warming on local TV this year.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Around HERE (Cincinnati) winter started last Monday, only fluries so far. I don't mind four seasons I have something to do in each.

Rick

·
Registered
562 Posts
Here in NW FL I got to ride twice this week. Other days were rain days. Temps not that bad, and although I have ridden wet, but now I have OPTIONS!
As such; I choose to exercise them and do not ride on rainy, cold (FL STANDARD,) or cool days!

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
rrm512 said:
Around HERE (Cincinnati) winter started last Monday, only fluries so far. I don't mind four seasons I have something to do in each.
Rick
I am in favor of Global Warming ... while we are waiting for it to happen I am glad I have my Gerbings as an option.

I am also glad I am retired so that I can ride whenever I want. Just so happens that when it is this cold and with the amount of calcium chloride the City of Cincinnati and Hamilton County puts on the highways when there is a "threat" of snow ... I don't want to ride.

I just don't want to be washing the bike in winter and polishing the wheels.

Global warming would be a GOOD thing ...!

:lol:

·
Registered
20,956 Posts
global warming, yea rite

in 100 years or so it will be 5-10 degrees warmer

·
Registered
128 Posts
Last week it was near freezing in Ottawa Canada

Today I am in short sleeves. So either there is global warming or I am on Vacation :lol:

·
Registered
87 Posts
If you don't like snow and ice, blame it on global warming. Just a degree or two raise in global temps puts gigatons of water vapor into the atmosphere. It's gotta come down sometime. The warming also causes a shift in jet stream patterns. That's why the cold Canadian air is dipping down so far south. So add it up: more water in the atmostphere plus cold air further south equals more snow and ice in the winder months. As the glaciers shrink, the ice gets thicker in Kansas and Oklahoma.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
March wrote

If you don't like snow and ice, blame it on global warming. Just a degree or two raise in global temps puts gigatons of water vapor into the atmosphere. It's gotta come down sometime. The warming also causes a shift in jet stream patterns. That's why the cold Canadian air is dipping down so far south. So add it up: more water in the atmostphere plus cold air further south equals more snow and ice in the winder months. As the glaciers shrink, the ice gets thicker in Kansas and Oklahoma
So when the earth gets warmer it gets colder?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts