GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just registered here a week or so ago after finally acquiring my first Goldwing.
So far I've put about 300mi on it in the couple weeks I've had it. Very impressed with every aspect of the bike so far.

It's an '02 and I picked it up from the original owner with a little over 24,000mi. So far I added a Utopia backrest and new Stones. I'm sure I can learn a lot here, and maybe even contribute a little :)

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Welcome to the board. Hey that looks like my '03, only with a CB radio antenna. There is a lot of good information on the board for sure. I've been hanging around here for about 2 1/2 years and during that time I've put about 40,000 miles on my bike. It still runs as good as the day I bought it. The Tech board is full of information on do's and don'ts, and very helpful if you plan on doing any of the maintenance yourself. Good luck.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Welcome to the site. I meet some really neat people on this site and learned a lot about my Gwing. Below is for you.

THIS IS MY GOLDWING. THERE ARE MANY LIKE IT, BUT THIS ONE IS MINE.
MY GOLDWING IS MY FRIEND. IT IS MY LIFE. I MUST MASTER IT AS I DO MY LIFE.
MY GOLDWING, WITHOUT ME, IS USELESS. WITHOUT MY GOLDWING, I AM USELESS. I MUST RIDE TRUER THAN THE ROAD DEMONS WHO ARE TRYING TO KILL ME.
MY GOLDWING IS HUMAN AS I, BECAUSE OF THIS; I WILL LEARN ITS WEAKNESSES AND ITS STRENGTH. I WILL KEEP MY MOTORCYCLE CLEAN AND READY. WE WILL BECOME ONE.
MY GOLDWING AND I KNOW THAT WHAT COUNTS IS THE DISTANCE WE COVER.
MY GOLDWING AND MYSELF ARE THE DEFENDERS OF MY COUNTRY. WE ARE THE MASTERS OF OUR ENEMY. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY LIFE.
SO BE IT, UNTIL VICTORY IS AMERICA'S AND THERE IS NO ENEMY, BUT PEACE!

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the bike. Definitely alot of useful info on here. Glad you are enjoying the ride. Amazing how many 01,02,03 out there with very few miles on them. Good looking bike! :thumbup:

·
Registered
452 Posts
:congrats: Welcome to the boards...you got the stealthiest and richest looking color. I am not biased :joke:

Enjoy and stay safe!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Good looking ride

Welcome to the boards and congrats on finding an '02 with such low milage. You will find that the members on this board have a wealth of information and many of them are spot on with their suggestions. You will also have to sift through what is opinion masquerading as fact and there are many on this board who are not shy about telling you what they think.
Overall, I think this board is a terrific resource and the members are generous with their knowledge.
Good to have you aboard.

Jim

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
THIS IS MY GOLDWING. THERE ARE MANY LIKE IT, BUT THIS ONE IS MINE
I almost put that as my post title :)

Polished up the chrome today and changed the final drive oil. The bike also came with a shop manual, so that should help out with doing my own maintenance.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Forgot to add. Your Gwing looks great.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I hope we don't get mixed up in a parking lot. Nice ride.:thumbup:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Congratulations on the "new to you" bike!

You're going to love it.

I bought a 2003 about a month and a half ago. I love it! Every time I go out for a ride I ask myself why I didn't buy a Wing sooner.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If the unit has been repaired​
, you should find a
punch mark on the lower right hand corner of the

VIN plate Look at this site it will show you where the puch mark is http://www.ridersrally.com/sb/sb14.pdf
Thanks for the link.., I knew about the weld recall but not the "punch" on the vin after repair.

If this is what I'm looking for, NO punch :(

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,211 Posts
They may have simply forgot the punch mark. Check with a local Honda dealer, they can put your VIN into their computer and it will have the records of service bulletins and recalls listed.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Looks like your VIN # is lower than the recalled #s
2002​
GL1800 (Non-ABS):​
1HFSC470*2A111803 thru 1HFSC470*2A113582

Still wouldn't hurt to check at a Honda dealer

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
:congrats: Nice bike, and welcome to the board.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts