GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
:a13: :crew: :22yikes: :cus: :eek:4: :snow1: :banghead:

Some of us don't handle it very well at all.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
When you are born into it, ya don't know the difference...LOL

Ever hear of ice fishing, snow shoe rabbit hunting, snowmobileing, making maple syrup, trapping mink and beaver? It works...LOL

Dawg

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have several old dirt bikes that I work on in the winter , and get out when ever the weather will allow . By spring my wife is tired of me .
- 17 at my house last night , don't think I will be riding for a while .

·
Registered
806 Posts
It's been over 24 hrs for me to, but then I was crazy before it started so I haven't noticed any change. Think I'll go chase Moma around now. By By :lol:

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Fred H. said:
I think I am starting to understand now. It is 25 degrees here with snow and ice, and I have been stuck in the house all day.

How do you guys handle this for 4-6 months? I am ready to go crazy after just 24 hours.
HA! He thinks he's goin' crazy now!
Just wait till the bad weather screws up the delivery of your suspension and you are trapped there wandering what Hugo Chavez is going to do with your stuff when he gets it UPS instead of his usual deliveries. Hey man! It sort of looks like machine gun parts.
Hang in there Fred...it can (and will) get worse! :lol: :lol:
DC

·
Registered
750 Posts
My neighbors arrived here in Mississippi two years ago. Retired USAF on 1 October. They are on their way BACK to Alaska Saturday AM. Makes no sense to me!!!

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
WINTER SUCKS
It may be time for Fred to add some updates to the DVD collection
How about it Fred???????????????

·
Chard Member
12,960 Posts
Only in the 80's here today. 8) Cold front coming through this weekend. Getting down into the low 70's. Winter really sucks..... :wink:

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
31*F here at my house this morning.

Still shoveling sunshine , but is a cold sunshine. :lol:

At least the wind from yesterday has gone.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Red you are breakin my heart
It must really suck to be where you live
I am going to sing you a Him
Him, Him, F&&K Him. LOL
I only wish I was where you are.
How is the new Bike?
Spent a little time in Clearwater, Motorcycle Stuff used to have a "Convention" for there dealers there back when I was in the biz.
Is Crabby Bill's still around? Used to love to eat there.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Fred H. said:
How do you guys handle this for 4-6 months? I am ready to go crazy after just 24 hours.
In most northern states the birth rates peak in September. Enough said? :eek:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Fred H. said:
I think I am starting to understand now. It is 25 degrees here with snow and ice, and I have been stuck in the house all day.

I take it you don't have a snowmobile or a 4 wheeler quad huh?

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
We've had intense rain for 3/4 of November followed by an Artic blast that took the temps down to 17 in Seattle which were bookended by snow. I've only been able to ride about 3 different days in the month. It appears over for a while so, I think I can ride to the m/c show on Saturday.

·
Registered
547 Posts
When you are born into it, ya don't know the difference...
He's right, you know. I spent 50+ years living in the Pacific Northwest, and lived with the rain without too much frustration. Now that I'm in San Diego, I don't know how I ever did it. It's all in what you're used to.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Yep Fred, winter is dark and LONG, TOO LONG. That is why a lot of us have heated garages and pole barns. I spend more time out in the pole barn in the winter then I do during the summer, working on projects.

·
Registered
601 Posts
zg1286 said:
Is Crabby Bill's still around? Used to love to eat there.
Yep, Crabby Bills is still there, My Wife and I ate there when we went to Florida.
Good place to get fresh seafood and beer .... :eat2: :beer8:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts