GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am waiting at the Kuri stand for my new grips and I brought my bike to the Rivco tent for them to R&D their hitch based on my install...

So some moron is going off on how his 2008 Wing is so much better than what Mother Honda tried to do with the 2012 as he is pointing at stuff on my bike so I stood a bit closer listening to him yapping to his old lady about this and that so he goes: "your bike?" I nod, he goes: " what made you buy a 2012?" and I go: " I got the 2012Wing because I had a piece of **** 2008Wing" his jaw just dropped...

I was having fun today, 600 miles, hooked up with some friends hanged out with a bunch of motorcycle people.

Just find it funny that me and my friend kept count on the type of comments about the 2012.

People that had something negative to say about the bike = 7
People that liked it or liked something different about it = 35
People that saw it in a mag and said "Looks much better in person = 11

now the funny part, the 7 negative comments were all Goldwing Vest Wearing Douche Bags

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
I am waiting at the Kuri stand for my new grips and I brought my bike to the Rivco tent for them to R&D their hitch based on my install...

So some moron is going off on how his 2008 Wing is so much better than what Mother Honda tried to do with the 2012 as he is pointing at stuff on my bike so I stood a bit closer listening to him yapping to his old lady about this and that so he goes: "your bike?" I nod, he goes: " what made you buy a 2012?" and I go: " I got the 2012Wing because I had a piece of **** 2008Wing" his jaw just dropped...

I was having fun today, 600 miles, hooked up with some friends hanged out with a bunch of motorcycle people.

Just find it funny that me and my friend kept count on the type of comments about the 2012.

People that had something negative to say about the bike = 7
People that liked it or liked something different about it = 35
People that saw it in a mag and said "Looks much better in person = 11

now the funny part, the 7 negative comments were all Goldwing Vest Wearing Douche Bags
Oh my.....I would never have expected that from the vest wearing social
club members.....That gwrra crowd is something else.

·
Banned
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh my.....I would never have expected that from the vest wearing social
club members.....That gwrra crowd is something else.
I am a pretty laid back guy, but enough is enough. The next guy that mouths off about the 2012 when I am standing right next to it will get the same immature response from me, few comes to mind:

Your old lady looks like a horse, what were you thinking when you picked her out, look at her rear, the size of a hippo...

My friends even said that these guys weren't holding back and that they can't believe that they would knock someones ride openly like that.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
As long as you like the bike, who cares what they say about it.:shrug:

·
Registered
21,047 Posts
head, sorry to hear u let their comments hurt your feelings so much

i have heard a few folks knock the yellow color which i happen to own but it just makes me grin, it would get pretty boring if everyone liked the same thing :thumbup:

i think the 2012 wings are great !

·
Registered
7,796 Posts
Opinions are like a$$holes everybody has one. And like them or not, everyone is entitled to theirs. If you remember, not everyone liked the new GL1800 in 2001 either.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I don't think there has been a motorcycle made that I would not want to take for a ride, or has some interesting or feature I would like to have.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Give it a year or two and those same people will be buying a new wing.
I personally think they have some nice improvements over the 2010's.
But I can't justify the cost right now.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I am keeping my 2007 Wing until Honda chit cans the new design and gets their heads out of their a$$es and fixes the heinous back end of the 2012. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
46-7 ain't bad. But, I wouldn't give a rats a## anyway. People rag on Goldwings, and their owners in general, all the time.

·
Banned
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am keeping my 2007 Wing until Honda chit cans the new design and gets their heads out of their a$$es and fixes the heinous back end of the 2012. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!
I like the 2012 and your 2007 looks like ****...

My story and I am sticking to it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
just bought my new wing a week ago, liked both, better deal on 2010, so.... 2010 yellow navi is in the garage. and my vtx'er buddies at work give me hell over the color and cant believe i got a geezer glide... but me and momma's happy.

dw

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
The opinions and comments of people whom I do not like, know or let alone respect are of no consequence to me.

That said, your sociological observations of those who make the "negative" comments are interesting and perhaps indicative of a certain group under certain situations.
Many people, especially within a group setting, feel the need to "belong" and be "accepted" and will make comments that, as an individual they would never make.
Seems like your situation fits this scenario.

Similar case...have a good friend who just constantly bashed HD every chance he could. He rode a Kawasaki Nomad. The bashing was inane
We went to Sturgis...he came home with a brand new UltraGlide purchased at Rapid City HD.
Why?
Did HD suddenly change everything it did as a company and reinvent it's product....or did my friend change his "tune" based on the exposure to the event he was attending?
Interesting.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
cycledude;3360278... said:
i have heard a few folks knock the yellow color...
lol, a few? It seems only wingers will knock the yellow to my face, and A LOT of them do. I think most folks forgot the old saying, if ya ain't got nothing good to say don't say anything at all. It's like they feel since they also have a wing they have the right to knock my choice. I don't knowingly knock someone else's choice to their face. That just isn't right.

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
In the famous words of a career felon and well known scumbag, "can't we all just get along?"

·
Registered
201 Posts
I am a pretty laid back guy, but enough is enough. The next guy that mouths off about the 2012 when I am standing right next to it will get the same immature response from me, few comes to mind:

Your old lady looks like a horse, what were you thinking when you picked her out, look at her rear, the size of a hippo...

My friends even said that these guys weren't holding back and that they can't believe that they would knock someones ride openly like that.
really sounds like youre a laid back guy

·
Banned
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
really sounds like youre a laid back guy
I know, it just got me going... just got back from a ride. Picking up the little lady and going for lunch, maybe in WI.

Much better today, laid back guy again...

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
You mean to tell me people don't like YELLER???

·
Registered
8,317 Posts
As long as you like the bike, who cares what they say about it.:shrug:
Exactly. I got a lot of negative comments even before I ordered mine. "It's an old man's bike." "Don't get gold." (The color gold for that year was the tipping point for me to make the leap.) Didn't bother me and it didn't stop me. I bought it for me, not to impress someone else. If I bought mine because I was craving the envy of others then the comments might have bothered me... I don't know. All I know is I'm happy! Hope everybody else is too. :cool:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts