GL1800Riders Forums banner

So, What is the Hot Setup?

4K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  Rubenh91 
Based on your description, I believe you would be served well by the Yokohama AVID ENVigor ZPS or the Michelin Alpin. Of course, if you still want to rely upon the Honda TPMS, I suggest that you reverse-register the sensors to prevent annoying alerts from the rear tire. However, I am a bit uncertain about your front tire choice, as your mileage from previous sets indicate you are not a casual rider, so I don't believe a high mileage solution like a BT-45 would work for you. My personal choice is the G709, but I primarily ride the mountains of NC/GA. Perhaps other might chime in on suitable front tire choices.

Are you not recommending the Falken because I am looking for better mileage?
No, not at all. The Falken is a high performance non-runflat. Your riding description did not indicate a need for a high performance tire, so I did not recommend it. Some folks go with NRFs because they are relatively inexpensive; however, in the event of a sudden loss of air, they are very hard to handle. Not worth the risk to me. The Yoko is a little more firm than the Alpin and a little stiffer ride. I have no experience with the Driveguard, so others would have to comment on that one. From what I have heard others say, it sounds to be sort of between the Alpin and the Yoko.

Well after a nice ride, thru the twisties, following a couple of Harleys, I honestly found this tire to do it all............I'M IMPRESSED!
:smile2::smile2::smile2:

Ronnie
This will soon change.

Reactions: Duckster
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.