GL1800Riders Forums banner

So, What is the Hot Setup?

4K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  Rubenh91 
A front tire that I think is often over looked is the Avon Cobra. The Bridgestone G709 is great, but my last one was gone at 5,200 miles.

A Cobra will last between 8,000-12,000 miles depending on the type of riding I'm doing. I used one on the trip to California last Fall, which lasted through the Harrison Gathering in October and got 12,000 miles. The same trip with a Bridgestone would have given me around 8,000, and probably would have been gone before the Harrison event.

I have one mounted for the Rogers Ride In and so for really like the way it handles in the curves.

There was a time when they were so expensive that I didn't feel like they were worth it, but the price has come down some. My last Cobra was purchased for close to the same price as a G709.

I would agree with Elrod on the BT45. While it is a great high mileage tire, if you like riding the curves then it will be toast pretty quick.

Something I would like to add ... If you ride in the rain a lot, the G709 is unbeatable. While I have not had much experience with the Cobra and rain, the G709 will allow you to scrap pegs with a good rear tire of course and keep on trucking.

2 wheelnutt,
get your pink slip ready & I'll meet you on the Needles Hiway in the Black Hills lol lol & you'll see how I ride !!!! lol lol
or better yet come to Rt 97 in NY state..lol lol
You really don't want to do that!! :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.