GL1800Riders Forums banner

So, What is the Hot Setup?

4K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  Rubenh91 
I run the Metz 888 up front & the Mich Alpin RF in the rear, never had a problem wet or dry, 2 up, towing a Bushtec in all kinds of weather..
Running 38 psi up front 31 psi in the rear, I get 30K from the Alpin:grin2:
Honestly.....but if you ride conservatively enough to get 30K out of a tire, you probably wouldn't have slipping problems on an E3 or a D250 either

By definition, slipping occurs when the lateral, acceleration or deceleration force exceeds the friction coefficient (grip) of the tire to the road.

Getting 30K out of a tire somewhat guarantees you don't accelerate, decelerate or corner as hard as the people that are only getting 6-10K out of the same tire. As such, you don't require as high of grip to keep you from slipping and it makes sense you've never slipped.

2 wheelnutt,
get your pink slip ready & I'll meet you on the Needles Hiway in the Black Hills lol lol & you'll see how I ride !!!! lol lol
or better yet come to Rt 97 in NY state..lol lol
LOL....

Seriously...no offense meant but your mileage on a tire does suggest you probably aren't regularly exiting a turn at 3500-4000 RPM at full throttle.

It doesn't mean you don't have the ability to ride like that of course, just that you don't normally do so.

Either that... or maybe you just have some other secret to longer tire life that the rest of us would love to know.

2 wheelnutt,
get your pink slip ready & I'll meet you on the Needles Hiway in the Black Hills lol lol & you'll see how I ride !!!! lol lol
or better yet come to Rt 97 in NY state..lol lol
BTW...I know you're just joking on pinks part but I'll be in the Black Hills around June 12th if you happen to be there. Would love to ride with you and have you show me Needles. It will be my first time in the Black Hills area and it might be fun to ride with someone that knows some of the roads.

It can't turn into an ego trip thing where we try and push each other and end up quasi racing though. I have nothing to prove on the street. I do love to race, but I've learned to do my racing on the race track.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.