GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Vendor
21,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate this. I have all my stuff packed and can't decide which bike to put it in. I have changed my mind three times already.

Both have new tires and fresh oil and either one would be suitable for the trip. Life was simplier when I didn't have so many choices.

I may have to unpack the FJR again and put it all back in the Wing.

·
Registered
979 Posts
:D Decisions decisions, i know the feeling Fred, one up i would take the FJR two up the wing or you could just flip a coin. :D

·
Vendor
21,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, the only fly in the ointment is that it is going to be a bit cold, and I think the Wing would be more comfortable, and I also am doing another trip to Arkansas/Missouri in another week, and the FJR tires are usually shot in about 6K miles, and I am not sure I can do both trips on the same set.

I really want to take the FJR but the common sense side of me is saying to take the Wing.

I guess you'll know the answer when you see what I pull in on.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
6K miles is all you can get? I guess I wont be buying an FJR. That would put me at 6 to 8 sets of tires a year.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Fred, sounds like you have already made up your mind. I would also think it would depend on the mood and type of riding you plan on doing?

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Damn Fred, what are you gonna do when you get the new concourse? :lol:

·
Registered
979 Posts
Fred H. said:
Yea, the only fly in the ointment is that it is going to be a bit cold, and I think the Wing would be more comfortable, and I also am doing another trip to Arkansas/Missouri in another week, and the FJR tires are usually shot in about 6K miles, and I am not sure I can do both trips on the same set.

I really want to take the FJR but the common sense side of me is saying to take the Wing.

I guess you'll know the answer when you see what I pull in on.
If its cold out the wing wins hands down, the FJR isnt much for keeping you warm on the cold rides. :D

·
Registered
147 Posts
GL or FJR

Fred,

I have an 1990 FJ and a 2005 GL 1800 and love to ride them both. I'm thinking my next move to to upgrade the FJ to and FJR.

So how do you like the FJR?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Toyo said:
6K miles is all you can get? I guess I wont be buying an FJR. That would put me at 6 to 8 sets of tires a year.
There's a reason they only last that long, it's not because they are soft.

Mike

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
JP3 said:
Sounds like you came to the WING board to have some of us reinforce your decision to take the WING.
Hell no ... Take the FJR!

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I thimk and yes I meant thimk, that you ride the p#ss out of the Yammie.

·
Registered
19,054 Posts
What a problem to have!
Rotate them-both are sweet rides

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I feel your pain, dude. If it's any consolation, I've chosen the wrong bike almost every time. Still, it's been FUN

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Speaking of FJRs...have you all seen the pics of the new RED one?? It is
B E A U T I F U L !!!! Sigh. So many decisions, so little time. :D

·
Registered
979 Posts
SilverHawk said:
Speaking of FJRs...have you all seen the pics of the new RED one?? It is
B E A U T I F U L !!!! Sigh. So many decisions, so little time. :D
That new FJR color is sharp. :D

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
LOL ! Some folks complain about 'where am I gonna get the money to (Fill in the blank)"

Some should be so lucky ! :D

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
:shock:

Fred,
Do ya drive it like YW does his down at "The Gap" or what?? :roll: I wish I could make and spend the money like some of y'all do, I can support my fun habit/hobby but some of y'all make me re-think my current career for something more lucreative. :lol: :lol:

:flg:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts