GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I could just read the list on the website, but that is so impersonal.

So lets hear it. Who is going?

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Here's two more,
Patti Crocker and I will be there on Thursday

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Dee and I ewill be there. Have to. We're in charge of the sweet tea to combat southern homesickness. Charlie is in charge of some liquid too, but i think it's a different ailment.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Dee and I ewill be there. Have to. We're in charge of the sweet tea to combat southern homesickness. Charlie is in charge of some liquid too, but i think it's a different ailment.
Wow that's going to be a long couple of weeks for you Slow Joe...
It's offical start is on Thursday May 28th... So as fast as you drive you're going to have to leave way down there somewhere around Saturday May 23rd so you'll be in time for the offical start.. So that's 5 days to get up to Cats-Cade, 4 days at Cats-Cade and then around 5 to 6 days for you to get home..... Well you know you can always stop in with us on your way up and on the way home.... :p

·
Registered
964 Posts
Gerri and I will be there. We have never been to New York before, we're looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Liss and I will be there...

·
Registered
243 Posts
Made our hotel reservations a few months ago. We've never been to Cats-Cade. Can't wait to ride in that part of the country and meet all the new people.

Karen

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
What is Cats-Cade? Have I ever bin there. Maybe I shoud go.

see you all on thruday with the blender,

·
Registered
903 Posts
I'm in for the "4pete"- Hum that must be a word? either that or I've confused spell check.
So is there a prize for perfect attendence??

·
Registered
629 Posts
A first timer but I will be there, what happens in the parking lot??

·
Registered
903 Posts
07Wing,
The first thing you have to learn is "what happens at Cats-cade stays at Cats-cade" - Well unless your thrown into a bar or maybe your antics make it onto Youtube - But those are stories all to themselves. Lets just say "it's what you make of it. Enjoy.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
A first timer but I will be there, what happens in the parking lot??
Ahhhh... the parking lot.

Let's just say that... after all of the riding, the fun at the Park, and the dinners are over... the Days Inn parking lot becomes the 'place to be'. ;)

Ok, seriously... for those who don't know:

"The Parking Lot" is an 'end of the day' activity that has evolved into an event almost of its own.

Since 90% of the Days Inn is occupied by us 2-wheelers... in the evening, the lot is obvously full of Wings & trailers of every color. From a distance, I'm sure the folks driving down the road think someone's dropped a giant bag of Skittles on the side of the road. But, it wasn't always that way (explained below).

Anyway... as you know, after you park the bike for the day, there are things people do to their bikes to secure them for the night: remove luggage, remove electronics, lock em up, wash and/or wipe 'em down, etc.

Well it seems this whole thing got started when we'd be out there securing the bikes for the evening. And, of course, since there were lots of us out there, we'd stike up conversations. Then others who had secured their rides would walk over and join in... and then others... and still more... etc. Then, as the conversations lasted longer, someone would bring a chair over... then someone else would bring a couple of beers from their room... then someone with a trailer would open a cooler... then a bottle appeared... and, well... you get the idea.

Well... when this thing first began, the hotel wasn't 'entirely ours'. And as the gathering got larger & largert, and lasted longer & longer... itseems the noise level was getting a little loud for the time of the evening.

Now, I don't drink, and because I retired a tad early that evening... from here on, I don't know the 'exact' particulars of the 'legend'. But it seems the hotel manager actually asked the participants to shut it down... and asked those who still wanted to drink to do so in the hotel's lounge. Hence the "...getting thrown into a bar..." remarks that are thrown about by those who were there. (If my understandning of events is wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me!)

Anyway, that's really not a problem now that we occupy nearly all of the hotel. And the nightly parking lot gatherings... where all of us bring our chairs outside (and beer, and booze, and blenders, etc.) until the wee hours... have become the main reason some of us return every year. It's the commraderie and fellowship of meeting old friends and making new ones that makes it special.

:cool:

·
Registered
317 Posts
We will be there!! We are actually showing up the weekend before ... so if anyone else is in the neighborhood and wants to ride ........

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
no reservations yet ...
but planning to go

Dennis

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
what are you waiting for?
mostly, not sure which of three options:
1) motel it
2) tent it
3).. or, if I'm on the road for my summer trip by then,
..I might take the 5th wheel up.

I have some work to do on the 5th wheel before I leave and
a few other "have to's" to finish up here before I hit the road.

I'm trying REALLY hard to not spend another summer in Florida.
;-)

Dennis

1 - 20 of 63 Posts