GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
What's the deal? They set up all those targets, and he didn't get a one!:22yikes:

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Thanks!

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
I'm not sure I could WALK that corse and not knock down a cone, that's some pretty serious control. Outstanding.
Scott

·
Registered
224 Posts
Course

At the end, the announcer mentioned taking the course. What course is it talking about?

Also, I noticed the officer applying rear break all the time (I think). I wonder how much break (force) he was applying.

I've seen this before and this guy is well trained and consistent. Some parts of the course that could have reduced the cone spacing!! Wow!

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
What's the deal? They set up all those targets, and he didn't get a one!:22yikes:

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Thanks!
Probably a lousy shot. :joke:
But he sure rides that bike good. :thumbup:

·
Registered
513 Posts
,,and to think,,,that 'ol boy, was able to do that without queenie on the back, of the bike ,, telling him which way to turn,,and leaning the wrong direction as well...
thaks for posting up----

bc

·
Registered
559 Posts
I think I'll just go home now and curl up in a ball on my bed.

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
At the end, the announcer mentioned taking the course. What course is it talking about?

Also, I noticed the officer applying rear break all the time (I think). I wonder how much break (force) he was appling
He was riding in the "friction zone". Lightly applying rear brake only and allowing the clutch to slip some. This makes the bike much easier to handle in slow turns. Google Ride like a Pro video and see some footage of Jerry "Motorman" go through the turns. I took the course from Jerry down here in Fla and was a really good course and well worth the money.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Both are very tallented riders for the type of bike and course they were on. :thumbup:
Can't speak for the officer but I can tell you I have no special talents for riding a motorcycle. Its good training and a whole lot of practice. Nothing more. I've seen plenty of average riders learn to do it. Myself included.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like part of the key is "to look where you want to go". Always been told that but a great visualization.

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Can't speak for the officer but I can tell you I have no special talents for riding a motorcycle. Its good training and a whole lot of practice. Nothing more. I've seen plenty of average riders learn to do it. Myself included.
If you can ride your Wing like the guy in the Wing video, I'd say you are very talented. I don't know if "any average rider" can learn to do it at that level. But, I guess it is possible.

·
IronMan
17,807 Posts
SIX PACK N CLOSE YOUR EYES :22yikes:

·
Administrator
3,852 Posts
If you can ride your Wing like the guy in the Wing video, I'd say you are very talented. I don't know if "any average rider" can learn to do it at that level. But, I guess it is possible.
Jay, you replied to StevieMac that if can ride his bike like the guy in the Wing video he must be talented. Look closer. He IS the guy in the Wing video!

StevieMac came in 1st place in last year's Top Gun challenge, Expert Division, and came in 2nd place this year. He along with DJ Fire, Trialsman, and probably a few others on this board, can really ride the Goldwing.

Glen

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Jay, you replied to StevieMac that if can ride his bike like the guy in the Wing video he must be talented. Look closer. He IS the guy in the Wing video!

StevieMac came in 1st place in last year's Top Gun challenge, Expert Division, and came in 2nd place this year. He along with DJ Fire, Trialsman, and probably a few others on this board, can really ride the Goldwing.

Glen
Well then, StevieMac is a talented rider, like I said. I admire his talent. I only wish I could ride like him or the cop. If all it took was a course to make the average rider be able to do that, I'm sure we would all be able to do it.

No, I believe that there is something in a person that gives them the ability to do something like that, call it a gift, if you will. Especially to the level of winning national honors. If a person like me took a course like that, I'm sure I would improve. But, I don't think I could ever, or in a reasonable time, rise to the level of national competition and be a true competitor.

I have spent many an hour trying to keep up with the many folks of which you speak. One thing I have found in my travels and many gatherings attended, there are a lot more than a "few" folks on this board that can really ride a Goldwing. It is always impressive and sometimes surprising when you ride with someone for the first time and they can ride, really ride the wing.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Question for StevieMac: When executing tight turns such as figure 8's, are your handlebars turned lock to lock?

BTW, Great riding. I enjoyed the video.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts