GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Try riding the dragon with one arm and one eye. Go to killboy.com, click on 4-13, click touring bikes, and go to pics 123 thru 125. This gentleman, who(m?) I will not name, rides with our chapter of GWRRA.
I ride fairly hard but he literally ran away from me on the Dragon. His controls are on the right bar. He lost his left arm above the elbow and uses an extension on the left side for leverage.l
Simply amazing and I wonder how many of us would continue to ride after something happening like this.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pirelli Eufori

Pics 129 thru 134 are me showing how you can lean a car tire over and trying without success to catch the gentleman I talked about above.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Not to hijack your thread, but many years ago I watched a guy with one arm walk out of the bar and get on his chopped Sportster with a an extended front end. He started it up and hear comes his big, fat, chainstretcher girlfriend who jumps on the back. He did a wheely for about 50 feet as he roared off! We all stood there with our mouths open. The story had it that he had lost his arm as a kid and learned to ride that way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts