GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to sound stupid here, but what does "SO" stand for? I see it used a lot on these boards and have never figured out what it means. Anyone help me out here? thanks Harry

·
Registered
276 Posts
I really hate the political correctness, so I'll ask what ever happened to wife or girlfriend or even riding partner?

Am I really that old?

·
Registered
824 Posts
I've still got one of those Old Fashioned Wifey things (or new fangled Spousal Units), but an SO - no way, she'd kill me!! :lol:

·
Registered
824 Posts
<-- And that aint her! :luf1:

·
Registered
276 Posts
I've still got one of those Old Fashioned Wifey things (or new fangled Spousal Units)
Incidentally for those of you that don't know Darryl, that's just a figment of his imagination on the back of his bike there, not his wife... :D

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
I often use abreviations since I cannot type or speel well.

that may not be Darryls wife.... but I would have liked to watch her climb on & off the wing... :)

·
Chard Member
13,072 Posts
Why is it you could call her your "Old Lady" when she was younger, but now that she is a "Old Lady" you get slapped silly for calling her that! LOL....

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Sorry, guess I am too YOUNG... cause having a girlfriend at 36 makes it sound like I am in high school.

SO works for me...

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
He SCORES Way to go granpa :yes2:

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
IB Mike said:
Sorry, guess I am too YOUNG... cause having a girlfriend at 36 makes it sound like I am in high school.

SO works for me...
I'm glad you said 'girlfriend' ... now we don't have to wonder what 'SO' means in your case! LOL :twisted:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Well. looks like I have a problem here. I never refer to Meesh as my "SO" when I am talking to her or in front of her. I think I use "Babe, or My Babe". When I address her directly, I call her "Sweetie".

Now whenever we fill out forms, Her name usually goes in the "Emergency Contact" block. So should I call her "Emergency Contact"?

You guys have me all confused. Perhaps when I marry her in June, she will clear this up for me.

IB MIKE, I don't think we should talk to these guys, till we get this all sorted out this summer.

Bulldog

·
Registered
385 Posts
SO is a good term to use when you are addressing a group of people with wives, girlfriends, fiances, partners, etc. etc. Just makes a good blanket designation that is all inclusive.
I still have a wife though :wink:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Unclaimed Property

Thanks Bulldog for the info on Unclaimed Property. I checked and they had $250 of mine from 15 years ago. I bailed a buddy out of jail and never got my bail money back. I got the check Saturday and as promised, I owe you dinner. If I can find you at the Honda Hoot or one of the GWRRA rallies, dinner is on me. SLIDE

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Slide,

It takes a while, but you get your money. I get pretty happy when someone finds, that one of the States is holding their money and wants to give it back.

Slide, I have a suggestion about that dinner. One of these days, when you are in a diner. Find a Senior citizen couple, and pay for their meal without them knowing it.

That would settle the score quite dandily for me. Then get your butt up here to NY and Meesh and I will buy you dinner.

Bulldog

·
Registered
276 Posts
One of these days, when you are in a diner. Find a Senior citizen couple, and pay for their meal without them knowing it.
I gotta admit it Bulldog the more I learn about you the more I like you. Are you sure we didn't go to different schools together?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts