GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I washed my 06 last friday and noticed that after I rinsed it off with a garden hose( not high pressure) that there was soap in my tail lights in the lower left corner of the right light.( the one on the bag).
anyone experienced this?

fatcat

·
Registered
927 Posts
Had a similar problem with my 06 GoldWing except it was rain water that got in there. Dealer replaced left light with no hesitation.
Ride Safe
Ken

·
Registered
405 Posts
Look carefully at the water. Is it actually inside, or is it trapped between the edge of the light housing and the bodywork? I have water there everytime I wash the bike, but it is not inside the light. I use my Cycle Dry blower to remove it. It's amazing how much water comes out of there!

·
Registered
30 Posts
My 06 also gets water "around" the tail lights every time I wash it. However, it simply drys out with no water damage inside the light itself. However, it does look like water inside the light.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,193 Posts
Mike Anderson said:
The difference between a woman in the bathtub and a woman in church??? The woman in church has " Hope in Her Soul". :lol:
Now that is funny! :lol: :lol: :lol: I don't care who you are! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Did not know where this was going, was gonna suggest soap on a rope.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
See if you can blow it out with a leaf blower or compressed air (or even one of those "huff" cans of Dust Off). If so, then it's between the light and the bag. If not, then.....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the soap was actually inside the light housing all the way up on the ribbed chrome piece on the right side light on the trunk. I mistakenly said the bag in the original post. I also noticed that there was a lot of water that went around the edge of the light about a quarter inch like you guys described. looks like something i'll have to have the dealer check out.

thanks fatcat

1 - 18 of 18 Posts