GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's 58 days, 11 hours, 23 minutes, and 4 seconds
until riding season comes to a end for 2006...... :biker: .............Grrrrrrrrrr :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sorry, suck it up, reality is part of life. :cus: :22yikes: :cus: :22yikes: :cus: :22yikes: :cus: :snow1: :xmas1: :snow1: :xmas1:

Now I'm going riding, See Ya!

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I don't know where you came up with your info, but here in Beautiful Buffalo NY, we ride year round. - Kinda like the mailman.

Maybe you should check and see if your sack's still intact. :lol:

·
Registered
403 Posts
This is where us Florida riders, who can claim no hills, curves or mountain scenery to our name, get our revenge..

See photo below..... :yes: :biker:

(I really will have to take a new photo this winter...)

·
Registered
931 Posts
Does this apply to Northern California? :shock: I thought I was supposed to ride every day of the year? Sorry if I am mistaken :oops: .

·
Registered
868 Posts
There's 58 days, 11 hours, 23 minutes, and 4 seconds until our 2nd riding season of 2006. :):)

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Besides having the best riding in the country we were able to ride every week this past year. But, last year was a mild winter according to my neighbors.

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
Down here .. in the good ole South.. we have 365 riding days.. give or take 3 or 4 days.. that will be too cold to ride.. :p

cosmic

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
radbikers said:
This is where us Florida riders, who can claim no hills, curves or mountain scenery to our name, get our revenge..
You may not have hills or curves, but you have the excitement of dodging retirees and tourists doing the cross-three-lanes-of-traffic-to-make-a-turn-dive. Now doing that is exhilarating riding!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cosmic_chariot said:
Down here .. in the good ole South.. we have 365 riding days.. give or take 3 or 4 days.. that will be too cold to ride.. :p

cosmic
Assuming, of course, that you have a powerful enough engine to be able to punch a hole in the humidity.

Do I understand correctly that they gear bikes lower in the deep southern markets for this very reason?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Hey..it gets cold here, eh? It snows too. In 1977 it snowed in Miami. Yeh, I remember that. Went to the Miami International Boat Show aboout two weeks after the snow..all the trees were dead from about 12 feet up. As far as no curves or hills, that's not true either. If I count the right turn out of my drive, the curve on my street, and the intersection turns, there are 10 curves/turns between my home and work 18 miles away. And, I get to do them the other way every time I go to work. And Hills. we have hills. I live in the mountains of Florida..we are just about 90 feet asl, so don't tell me we don't have hills.

Don't give me that "No hills, no winter" stuff. Drove my car to work the other day for the first time since picking up my '06 Wing March 24, because there was a tropical Storm out there. Of course, no rain and no wind. Disappointing. 9000 miles on the bike.

Ride long and safe..and I remember riding my '46 Indian Chief in Nebraska in February. And grinnin'.

John
ETC (SW) USN ret
The Sabre Group ret
EDS ret
'06 GL18HPNAC6

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Yeah, I moved from MA to GA 15 yrs ago and now ride all yr 'round. I just had hip surgery and for the first time in yrs have gone 3 weeks w/o riding (3 more to go). I feel like I'm going through withdrawals. Sept. 22 will be 6 weeks recovery/rehab and I'm heading to VA and ride the BlueRidge Parkway for a couple days/long weekend to get my sanity back.
Living/riding in north GA/NC/TN mtns can't be beat!!!

Steve

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Mongo said:
Does this apply to Northern California? :shock: I thought I was supposed to ride every day of the year? Sorry if I am mistaken :oops: .
Ditto what Mongo say...we ride all year long.....about the only time I don't ride is in torrential downpours,,,or pea soup days !!!!!...so neener neener to the end of your riding season!!!!

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
radbikers said:
Perhaps in a small way, but I always have to shake my head in shock and laugh each spring when a good friend of mine tells me that he has started to put on his air conditioners (plural) because it is so dang hot, humid and miserable. I don't know how you folks handle that humidity and heat combination. I'll take my temperatures and no humidity (and 12 months riding), here thank you.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

DaleC

P.S. The motorcycle roads (and mountains) are pretty fantastic too.

·
Registered
147 Posts
We look forward with great anticipation for winter. We love riding in cooler weather and the worries of dehydration aren't as bothersome.

Winter just keeps us from straying too far north near the mason dixon line. :sun1:

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
SPF 0 said:
[quote="cosmic_chariot":1h4ufbjh]Down here .. in the good ole South.. we have 365 riding days.. give or take 3 or 4 days.. that will be too cold to ride.. :p

cosmic
Assuming, of course, that you have a powerful enough engine to be able to punch a hole in the humidity.

Do I understand correctly that they gear bikes lower in the deep southern markets for this very reason?[/quote:1h4ufbjh]

Whats the difference if I wear my bike as you put it "punching a hole in the humidity" or yours rusting out from all the salt yall spread on the roads.. . at least I get to ride year round...

cosmic

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
DaleC said:
radbikers said:
Perhaps in a small way, but I always have to shake my head in shock and laugh each spring when a good friend of mine tells me that he has started to put on his air conditioners (plural) because it is so dang hot, humid and miserable. I don't know how you folks handle that humidity and heat combination. I'll take my temperatures and no humidity (and 12 months riding), here thank you.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

DaleC

P.S. The motorcycle roads (and mountains) are pretty fantastic too.
Here in the good ole south we do have lots of humidity... but at least it does not dry out peoples skin like it does in the dry climates.. and for that reason the girls are prettier here.. :p
cosmic

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
winter...? That's when I pack my stuff and relocate to my other home in AZ. I actually ride more miles in AZ during the winter/spring than I do in Colorado the rest of the year.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Wi_Winger said:
There's 58 days, 11 hours, 23 minutes, and 4 seconds until riding season comes to a end for 2006
Am I the only one to notice that he has "riding season" ending on a holiday most often celebrated with the colors ORANGE & BLACK? It might be the end of your season if you ride something cold blooded sporting those colors on their logo, but not for me and my Hondas, thank you very much! 8)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts