GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there interest among southern California riders to organize an occasional ride or a rally? We can start with just getting together to do a ride from time to time, and if it works, we can try expanding it into a rally, including GW riders from whereever.

If interested, please reply with info on your location and preferred day to ride (Saturday or Sunday). If there are enough of us, I'll post again, asking for contact info and I'll organize an inaugural ride.

I know many of us frequently ride with friends that don't ride GWs (GW riders are charitable that way :lol: ), so think about whether you want to include them on these rides, or keep the rides GW only.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Hi Jeff, I saw your post and was wondering if your familiar with www.Wingstuff.com They are in Orange County and they get together on Saturday mornings. Usually hang out drink coffee, eat donuts, and tell lies then go for a ride. They are a great bunch of people. We also do 2 rides a year up here on the Central coast. San Luis Obispo area. It is called the Central Coast Fall and Spring Wing Fling. Hopefully you can join us on the next one. I set up the ride and reserve rooms and make lunch and dinner reservations. Everyone usually comes up on Friday and then we do a 250 to 300 mile ride on Saturday. Dinner in San Luis Obispo and then back to the hotel to tell exagerated tall tales of derring do..... :roll:

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am familiar with Wingstuff, and have made a few purchases from them. They are a little far for a start of a day ride, but not impossible. What time do they meet, and when do they usually get started on the ride?

As for the Wing Flings in Spring and Fall, I would definitely be interested. How do I get on the list for notification?

·
Registered
399 Posts
JMATANDEM, I'll post it on the message boards in early '07 to give people plenty of time to prepare. I've only organized one ride so far. The person who started it is being transferred out of state. We have done three rides total so far and everyone has really enjoyed themselves. No pressure to ride fast just miles and miles of beautiful roads.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll watch for it. I've done a little riding up your way, and a little more bicycling up there. On a motorcyle trip to Monterey, we stoped and stayed with friends that have a ranch just east of Paso Robles. I know how beautiful it can be in that area. The shame was, we were there in the middle of the heat wave. :cry: Had to ride faster to keep cooler. 8) :D

·
Registered
399 Posts
From your area Ojai, Frazier Park, Even into Santa Barbara would be nice.

The folks down at Wingstuff meet about 0800 or 0900 on Saturdays. Let them know ahead of time your coming down. Gary knows some nice rides. Shoot if we time it right I'd meet up with you and ride down. Riding through Los Angeles is an experience in itself.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've ridden those areas, and they are very nice rides. I'm going to the motorcycle show in Long Beach next weekend, and then I'll be off skiing. When I get back, maybe we can set something up for a Saturday.

·
Registered
86 Posts
i'll be stationed in san diego in March, but will not be able to ride until October or so due to work. But will be intrested. lookig forward to a new place to ride.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i'll be stationed in san diego in March, but will not be able to ride until October or so due to work. But will be intrested. lookig forward to a new place to ride.
Mail me when you get here; we can be lefty and righty!

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
If there are going to be mini rallies with good rides I'd be interested. I've traveled twice to Ca. for get togethers. Once to Wingstuff for the faces to names get together and to Duane's get together in Bakersfield. Both good opportunities for me. the 400 mile ride over is just a good warm-up :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Rides-Rally-Fun

Sounds like a good start. I can ride on Sun/Mon. I did join the GWTA in my area, Not too active on rides, Found a better group at GWRRA. Looks like a great bunch of guys and gals. I'm in Diamond Bar, CA.
More rides for just GW are needed in SCA. If ok to ride w/ the H D but please, I do like my music too..
Lets Ride, George

1 - 15 of 15 Posts