GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those of us looking to add Fog lights to our 2018+ Gold Wing's, SOCALMOTO is now taking orders for its soon-to-be released 2018+ GL1800 Multi Functional Fog Light Kit with DRL and Enhanced Strobe LED lights. For a complete description, see their website. No affiliation with SOCALMOTO.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Thanks but didn't work. Below is what I get for every link from their home page.

The page cannot be found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please try the following:

• Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.
  • If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

Technical Information (for support personnel)

• Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 404.
  • Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled Web Site Setup, Common Administrative Tasks, and About Custom Error Messages.

·
Registered
8,728 Posts
Im lovin' those lights. Strobe would be fantastic on my PGR missions and would compliment my modulating headlights.:smile2:
The other things Im excited about, they are brighter than Honda fogs, DOT compliant, and a biggie, "OEM style switch".:smile2:

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Im lovin' those lights. Strobe would be fantastic on my PGR missions and would compliment my modulating headlights.:smile2:
The other things Im excited about, they are brighter than Honda fogs, DOT compliant, and a biggie, "OEM style switch".:smile2:
I'm seeing mentions on FB that the strobe light feature isn't DOT legal; that the "modulating" law only applies to headlights?? Keeping in mind that I saw this on the internet so it's gotta be true! :wink2:

·
Registered
794 Posts
I also like the looks of these lights. I already have the OEM fog light switch installed, so wonder if they will work with it. I have to believe these are pricey. :serious: :surprise:

·
Registered
573 Posts
they look nice but I would like to know the price before I order
I thought I saw a price posted somewhere that indicated they would cost in the neighborhood of $370.00. I can't find that post now, so I can't point back to it.

From the web page, they indicate the lights are rated at 900 lumens which is slightly brighter than the OEM units. The addition of the strobe effect is something to consider (not for driving, but for emergency visibility) and, of course, the OEM style button and color-matched hue with the main headlight. I'm still leaning towards the Rivco offering for the brighter light and the simpler install. But, I would like to see the SoCal units in person before deciding.

·
Registered
750 Posts
thanks Tuck. I guess maybe if I were dying I might use the strobe feature but never in a million years would I ride normal with the strobe.. how awful would it be if we all liked the same thing? there will be other who like the strobe. go forth and prosper, just not for me. as you I like the Rivco easier install and brighter light. This is more than likely the ones I will end up with. I do want to wait and see what EC comes out with. I have bought their products in the past and always thought they had quality stuff. so depending on the price, ease of install, amount of light. who knows. it's nice we have choices. The thing that steers we away from the SoCal unit is what if I forgot and hit the strobe switch and did not realize I had done that. no way I would want to drive with that feature on. so they are a no go for me,.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I had the Honda OEM fogs and replaced with the SoCal Fogs. They are night and day difference for light output. If you have the Honda OEM lights, You can order these "Lights Only" and pay $289.95 and install in the OEM brackets and Plug & Play.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts