GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
What a perfect picture............Thumbs up! (y)

Ronnie

·
Registered
531 Posts
I've spent a good share of my life practicing "social distancing", so this lifestyle is easy/welcome. Living in the rural north country also means a lot less concern or noticeable difference in recent activities.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Well who ever that is, is not exactly by himself. The bike behind him took that picture, but hey even in a group ride the 3 second rule, in the wind and sun is very safe!! ??

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good news! Motorcycles' reputation as the "most dangerous" form of transportation is gone and now they are the safest. Time to go for a ride!

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
OMG! I was on that same rode a couple years ago when wife and I flew to Alaska and rented a Harley to tour...... What a beautiful area.........We "both" loved it.....
PS: (the area "not the bike")

Ronnie

·
Registered
544 Posts
Unfortunately, now prohibited in Illinois, unless going to an "essential activity."
Prohibited how? I saw nothing in the decree by the Governor that addressed motorcycling at all. Specifically allowed was personal exercise such as walking the dog, running, and bicycling. Riding a motorcycle, in my view, is no different than riding a bicycle (but more fun). Not as vigorous an exercise as riding a bicycle, but still exercise. The only thing stopping me from riding since this "shelter in place" began here in Rockford has been the weather. Riding a motorcycle, in my opinion, is truly the perfect activity since it easily meets the "social distancing" rule, covers the face (if one wears a helmet) and promotes mental well being. I am totally confident that no one is going to even try to stop me from riding during this crisis. I do plan on grabbing a paper towel at the gas pump to use when touching the pump buttons or the gas nozzle, and avoiding hugging other people filling up or who work at the gas station. I used to go into the store part of the gas station to buy a lottery ticket but I will forego that and if I feel the need to get a ticket, buy one online.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Well my riding season has not yet started but it's now put on hold.....
Minnesota just announced a Stay At Home order starting Friday (3-27) for minimum of 2-weeks.

I hope to get out Friday before it goes into effect........really sucks since I just retired in Oct and was hoping for a great riding season on my new 2019 DCT.
Sure hope it's lifted in 2-weeks.

That said, Minnesota Governor Tim Walz did a great job of showing numbers and data to enforce his decisions....
All boils down to stretching out the time before the need outweighs the medical supplies/facilities.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts