GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Can anyone from Minnesota tell me anything about visiting someone in the state. In Michigan we are under a stay at home order for 3 weeks. There are exceptions which include visiting a private residence in another state. My daughter in Minnesota is due to have a baby in about3 weeks. She needs her Mom to come and help with her other 2 children as her delivery time draws near. Is that allowed? My wife hopes to head to our daughters home on Friday. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Can anyone from Minnesota tell me anything about visiting someone in the state. In Michigan we are under a stay at home order for 3 weeks. There are exceptions which include visiting a private residence in another state. My daughter in Minnesota is due to have a baby in about3 weeks. She needs her Mom to come and help with her other 2 children as her delivery time draws near. Is that allowed? My wife hopes to head to our daughters home on Friday. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Here is the full Minnesota Executive Order 20-20........
Exemptions E & F should work for you.

The order does not go in effect until 11:59 PM on Friday 3-27-20

Attachments

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Thank you , she plan to be to my daughters home well before midnight. She will be there at least 6 weeks. Hope all goes well in Minnesota as well as the entire country.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well my riding season has not yet started but it's now put on hold.....
Minnesota just announced a Stay At Home order starting Friday (3-27) for minimum of 2-weeks.

I hope to get out Friday before it goes into effect........really sucks since I just retired in Oct and was hoping for a great riding season on my new 2019 DCT.
Sure hope it's lifted in 2-weeks.

That said, Minnesota Governor Tim Walz did a great job of showing numbers and data to enforce his decisions....
All boils down to stretching out the time before the need outweighs the medical supplies/facilities.
Brian, not that I’m recommending it, but I didn’t see anything that prohibits riding MCs in MN. In fact, “driving for pleasure” is allowed.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Brian, not that I’m recommending it, but I didn’t see anything that prohibits riding MCs in MN. In fact, “driving for pleasure” is allowed.
Yup....thanks.
My post #21 above clarified my previous statement.

I'm riding when the weather is decent, as you state, "Driving for Pleasure" is allowed in Minnesota.
IMHO, there is no better social distancing than being out by yourself on a motorcycle.

I like the way Governor Waltz thought through some of the restrictions rather than just shutting down every single activity.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts