GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone used the BB Parts socket accessory kit? Does it work well? It looks like it is a plug in outfit and I assume no other wiring or parts are needed??? The price is only about a third the cost of the Honda kit. :? :?:

http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/stores/search.asp

Todd

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Red said:
Your link is no good, but I am using 2 of them. Plug & play!
Red, thanks for responding. I am very sorry that the "url" I copied and pasted it into my post hoping to avoid typos, did not work. I just tested it and understand why. That is not what I was attempting to show.

Following is the result when I typed in "electrical socket kit" in the Product Search box on the HDL Goldwing online store page. Please note that there are two kits, one BBParts, and the other Honda. I hope this helps you understand what I was attempting to ask about. :roll:

Red, and anyone else who might have time to reply, please look at the following. Thanks!!! :)

Search Results For: electrical socket kit

BIG-52768
Big Bike 12V Cigarette Lighter Kit for the GL1800. FREE SHIPPING
Our Price: $12.56
Qty.

HO-7399827
Honda 12 volt DC accessory socket kit -FREE SHIPPING
Our Price: $31.95
Qty.

Todd

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Red said:
Here's the one I use. One in the trunk, one in the trunk lid liner. It's like the BB you linked to, but it doesn't include the lighter element.

http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/store ... =478541465
Again, Red, thank you for taking time to respond and help. May I assume that you meant "one in the front fairing pocket, and one in the trunk lid liner?" Or, are both in the trunk?

Todd

·
Registered
272 Posts
Red: is there an existing plug in in the trunk for the socket? or did you have to run a wire back?
Thanks

·
Chard Member
12,963 Posts
wvnnva said:
May I assume that you meant "one in the front fairing pocket, and one in the trunk lid liner?"

Todd
You know what I meant better than I did. LOL.. Yes, trunk and left frt pocket. :oops:

rooksd1.... The plug is already at both locations.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
one thing I found is the honda is a little shorter maybe better for the faring pocket, but cost way to much, I made My own with a shorter one from a truck stop and plugs (connectors) I got from EC

·
Chard Member
12,963 Posts
wvnnva said:
Again, Red, thank you for taking time to respond and help.

Todd
I forgot to tell you the frt can be plugged right in. The trunk I had to splice. You need a different plug for the trunk power than the frt. If you don't like to adapt things you might be better off buying the power outlet from EC for the trunk that has the correct plug attached.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My thanks to each of you for your helpfulness. Guess I won't have any reason now for not getting things hooked up huh? :roll: :lol:

Todd

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
you might look at ELE-02205 & ELE-02208 in the HDL store also. Completely plug & play for both locations.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts