GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I read a little on the update. Now that a few did it, what can we expect to gain from doing it? Don't have a CB, Maps, Sound, ability to contact the mother ship??

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mainly updating Honda Navigation. It's quite straight forward but very time consuming (about 1 hour).
I still prefer Google Map via CarPlay which is way more user friendly.
Update 2 is to be released this month.

Update 1 – October 4: Provides revisions so that route guidance and points of interest will continue after the ignition is turned off and then back on, and to correct a daylight savings date change.

Update 2 – January: Provides a significant increase in the maximum number of navigation waypoints.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Can you download these updates yourself or does the bike have to go to the dealer ? Harley posts the updates on their website for downloading. Does Honda do the same?

·
Registered
8,751 Posts
Can you download these updates yourself or does the bike have to go to the dealer ? Harley poses onnthr updates on their website for downloading. Does Honda do the same?
Do it yourself. Do a search.:smile2:

·
Registered
618 Posts
Is this a new update or the one from a few months ago?

·
Love The DCT
12,026 Posts
It is the latest update to resolve the problems the first update caused in bikes with CB's. If you read through the instructions in the link I provided, you will find this statement;

"Please note: This latest software update addresses the issues some owners experienced on Gold Wings equipped with CB radios."

:doorag:

·
Registered
471 Posts

Rich,
all the updates use THE SAME NAME, SWDL.
Windows PCs like to rename your file SWDL(1) or SWDL(2) if they are in the same download folder.
Make sure the name for the file you plan to use on the bike is exactly SWDL only.
Several riders here are keeping the different downloads in different dated folders on their computers so that a rollback to a previous version would be easier to identify if it is ever needed.

First update of 10-21-18:
Fixes:
Provides revisions so that route guidance and points of interest will continue after the ignition is turned off and then back on, and to correct a daylight savings date change.
Points of Interest will remain present after ignition is turned off then back on again.

Problems:
Audio volume of CB radio drops 95 %.
Other audio volume that was ok at level 6, must now be pushed up to 23 to be heard..
Honda admits that they did not provide a CB radio on the Harmon GPS test mule.

Second update of 11-9-18.
Emergency fix for CB radio loss of volume from update #1.
Seems to have fixed all the audio volume problems.

Third update coming sometime in January 2019.
Major increase in number of usable waypoints is promised.

Hope this helps,
Jefro.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Any news about software update Goldwing 2018 DCT for EU?
We have the some problem like USA owners with navigation, but local seller haven't update. Owner from Germany post here the problem with upgrade #1 some months ago!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Eu ?

same problem in France
does anyone know if the software update is world wide or localised ?

Do you american have an european map in the navigation system ?

Can I try the us update on my french bike ?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Can I try the us update on my french bike ?
This will not work. Last October I tried the US-update on my German Goldwing. No chance. But the EU-Update from January works fine

·
Registered
83 Posts
and where did you find this EU update ?
Unfortunately in Europa you can't download the update by yourself. You have to go to your dealer. He will do the update. My dealer did it for free

·
Registered
38 Posts
to Bartho

+1

·
Registered
11 Posts
same version

It seems I have the same version of the software.
Didn't fix my phone issue.
And it seems quite old for a recent update :
the file in the iso says it was created on oct 19 2018
which is very consistent with it's name which reads oct 18, 2018 8,11 AM

anybody has a more recent version?

Attachments

·
Registered
440 Posts
HG.ED.18.10.19.08.11.08 version is the first and latest audio/GPS software update version for European bikes. You will probably have to wait another few months untill the next update which will increase the via points from 8 to 99 will be released, like already available in US. This january European update was 3-4 months after same update in US. I expect that the via points update will also have the same delay for Honda EU to verify.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Regardles of updates, while the 2018 GW is a marvelous bike, the half baked Nav Honda chose to put on this bike is just horrible even with the time consuming efforts and so called “updates”. This Nav often times has problems finding well known addresses and streets not to mention unable to locate certain small towns in various states. It is just plain inferior and why Honda chose to use such a half baked product is beyound me. STUPID...no actually REALLY STUPID IMHO.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts