GL1800Riders Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my 2007 with 61,500 miles sold this morning on eBay to the highest bidder at $16,700! It was a little less than I was hoping for, but I am good with the deal. The new owner will be getting a great bike.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Congratulations on the sale! If the insurance adjuster had totaled my bike I would have did the 'Buy it Now' for your's. Our orange bikes passed each other on the Blue Ridge Parkway in 2009.

What will be sitting in your driveway next?

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congratulations on the sale! If the insurance adjuster had totaled my bike I would have did the 'Buy it Now' for your's. Our orange bikes passed each other on the Blue Ridge Parkway in 2009.

What will be sitting in your driveway next?
Stan, Sorry to read about your accident. Thank goodness you are OK. I would have loved to see my bike go to you, but oh well. Not sure what will be in my garage next, maybe a 2012 blue if I can get the right deal. Probably start shopping around at the end of the month.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Congrats on getting such a good price for your bike.

And thanks for posting the instructional videos on refinishing the exhaust covers and cowl. I really enjoyed watching those. Might even do the
refinishing to my bike eventually.........but pro'lly not...........I'm not terribly energetic. Fun to watch you do yours anyway.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hello. I happen to be the n00b that won the auction for your bike. I think I got a pretty good deal on a great bike. Thanks for answering my questions promptly. It helped me with my decision. I will call you tomorrow and work out the details about payment and pickup.

This seems to be a pretty informative forum. I think I'll stay. :)

I will have lots of questions, so please take it easy on the new owner.

I currently ride a 1999 Honda Valkyrie Interstate. It's green and silver. This Wing will make a good stable mate.

HayHauler
VRCC
Jimmy. :cool:

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Welcome to the forums HayHauler!

It appears you got a very well cared for bike. Congrats!

Bob

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everybody, don't let HayHauler's description of himself as a noob fool you. He may be about to have his first taste of a GL1800, but he's one helluva peg scraping, bike rodeo pylon riding, RLAP class star, all 'round great guy. Man, can he throw that Interstate around! We've ridden nearly 15,000 miles together during the last 2+ years and I'm looking forward many more. He gets a great new bike and Cruiserman's bike gets a great new home. Gotta love it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Aren't you the one to talk!

Isn't it past your bed time?! Hehe

Thanks for the welcome GLFlyer. Now I have 2 boards I have to keep up with. No step for a stepper.

HayHauler :cool:
Jimmyt

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just spoke with HayHauler a little earlier to coordinate the pick up of the bike. Sounds like he knows his way around the pylons on a Valk. Look forward to meeting him and his wife next week.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Welcome aboard,,,,the board...;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks for the welcome Yellow Glide. What part of Texas do you live in? I am Sourh of Houston in Pearland.

Jimmyt

·
Registered
931 Posts
HELLO HAY HAULER & Welcome to our group. Having owned a Valkyrie Interstate myself you will be surprised at how the well the Wing will handle. It will feel like a smaller bike. We loved our Valkyrie and we miss it. You will definitely love the wing. :thumbup:

·
Registered
66 Posts
First of all Ray, thank you for your service to our country!

I still have the Intersate, but I am putting it in the shop this week for repairs from an accident I got into up I'm Chyenne WY on the way to the VRCC rally in Michigan this past July. I got rear ended by another bike and the dealer said $9300 damage. I am getting it fixed for considerably less.

I rode it to work today and the Heat Wave has been broken!! Man, I felt like I needed to put the liner in the jacket! Woohoo.

Can't wait to pick up the Wing this weekend!

Jimmyt

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ut oh

Thought I was gonna keep the Valkyrie and my wing...........
Need I say more.........
Then came the dark side..........

LL

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hehe... Already DS on the Valk... ~28k miles on GY TT.

But, I'm keeping the Valk....it was my brothers, so I will keep it for a long time. Now I "may" have it custom painted since I am painting the whole bike... this I will have to ponder.

Jimmyt

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thought I was gonna keep the Valkyrie and my wing...........
Need I say more.........
Then came the dark side..........

LL
So I'm assuming you like the color? :D

It's partially your fault..... :thumbup:

Jimmyt

·
Registered
95 Posts
Heck yeah I likes the color, even better if you don't scrape the chrome off of it!

And how could it ever be my fault?

Hay, You are really gonna like it

LL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.