GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
$400 - Local pick up in centralish NH (03258 Chichester, NH 03258 ) .

These both came off my 2008 Non-ABS Non-TPMS bike. If you want to use them for TPMS or ABS you will have to add those accessories.
When I sold the bike it had almost 70k. Both were used to swap back and forth with the wheels that were sold with the bike, so they have somewhere less than 70k miles on them.
Neither have tires. The front wheel comes with the brake rotors as shown in the images.
I haven't measured the rotors, but they were working fine when they were removed from the bike last year.
Both have Patchboy 90 valve stems that were working fine when removed from the bike.
Both need cleaned.

I'd really prefer not to ship these, as even building a box that will protect the rotors will be a pain.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great idea for big mile riders. GLWYS. D
Over the course of owning the bike these probably saved me a few hundred dollars.
I'd typically buy tires from an online retailer, then take the tires and wheel to the local track, where I could have the tires mounted for something like $25 / wheel, then I'd have a "hot spare" set sitting around waiting for me to run through the set that was on the bike. When it was time to change I'd just change the wheels, order a new set of tires and make another trip to the track.
I'll do the same with my 2019 at some point (and wouldn't be getting rid of these if they would fit).

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I would be a little interested in the front, but it would have to be shipped. I would suggest removing the rotors and wrapping them individually before putting them in the box. That makes protecting them easier to accomplish. I have a little dent in my front wheel on my 2010 and a newer set of rotors would not hurt either (nearly 200K miles on them). I don't need a rear, I actually passed on a really good deal for a rear wheel. A non-tpms rim can be made to work with a TPMS, but not the other way around unless you put a valve stem on that does not need the plastic clip (bolt on stem, not rubber pull-through).

·
Registered
532 Posts
PM Sent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.