GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Probably wind up with a different brand in the future. Just wondering if I could hang around the site? I've come to enjoy and appreciate the folks here. Like to do more RTE's also - and maybe that tag game some of you play.
Don’t need to own a Goldwing to be welcomed on this forum.......we welcome everyone.
If you can tolerate us folks then all is good. ;)

Just curious, why did you sell your 2018?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don’t need to own a Goldwing to be welcomed on this forum.......we welcome everyone.
If you can tolerate us folks then all is good. ;)

Just curious, why did you sell your 2018?
Knew that question was coming. It’s not that there was anything wrong with the Wing. I loved riding it and it’s a fantastic bike. Beautiful as well. Dang, that DCT is awesome. Especially once you’re moving and rowing the gears! I simply had a personal issue with the bike that I just couldn’t get past. It may be a non-issue for others which is why I choose to keep it to myself. After consideration, I concluded it was not something I was willing to concede. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Knew that question was coming. It’s not that there was anything wrong with the Wing. I loved riding it and it’s a fantastic bike. Beautiful as well. Dang, that DCT is awesome. Especially once you’re moving and rowing the gears! I simply had a personal issue with the bike that I just couldn’t get past. It may be a non-issue for others which is why I choose to keep it to myself. After consideration, I concluded it was not something I was willing to concede. Hope that helps.
I'm fairly certain everyone will want to know what your issue was. not sure why you are reluctant to share that info as it may benefit others, the very purpose of the forum. and everyone is entitled to their opinion regardless of whether others agree with your assessment or not. please consider sharing what your issue was.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I'm fairly certain everyone will want to know what your issue was. not sure why you are reluctant to share that info as it may benefit others, the very purpose of the forum. and everyone is entitled to their opinion regardless of whether others agree with your assessment or not. please consider sharing what your issue was.
"I simply had a personal issue with the bike that I just couldn’t get past." Bet he bought a Harley.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"I simply had a personal issue with the bike that I just couldn’t get past." Bet he bought a Harley.
No Harleys here. Not anywhere near my style of riding. I've ridden them for work, even owned two personally. I mean no ill will toward Harley or their owners but I personally have no intention of going back. BTW, I haven't bought another yet. Looking... Fl_Redwing, you do enjoy pushing buttons... Funny, but I like that about you.

·
Registered
770 Posts
A most interesting thread, it's always the back story, the curiosity. Since we are all guessing, my suspect, the motor guy doesn't want to deal with the blow back he might encounter from some, just guessing mind you. We all have our reasons for doing what we do, some personal.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I'm guessing the bike wasn't black which meant it wasn't the fastest, something he no longer felt comfortable with and doesn't want to admit to.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Why not just say you wanted to try something different and leave it at that. Now you have everyone wondering what this big issue is. We are adults here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Folks, the bike performed exactly as intended from Honda. If you own one of these model years and it does everything you need it to do that’s a good thing. They’re great motorcycles.
If I were reading this thread I too would be curious about the reason so I understand. It’s a matter for me to deal with and I made a decision. When I started this thread I simply made a statement and asked a question, never intending to get into all this. Honestly, I feel like I should stick-to-my-guns here and keep quiet. You know what they say about having the right to remain silent but not the ability…
After reading your comments I assure you it’s not as dramatic as all that: clutch, black, Harley, beer, something different, vibrations, etc. So here it is and we can end this. I need a bike that will do a number of things. One of those things is adequate storage. The following is a quote from me from a different thread several days ago. “Having just refurbished my flame suit I feel somewhat brave. Since no one else will say it I will. Luggage space is the one thing “I” would change. I’ve done a bit of touring and never once, even two-up, have I had to pack a bag on my back seat/luggage rack or tow a trailer – until now. Flame away…”. Fortunately, there were no flames but I had seen the controversy before on this very topic.
This is something I should have figured out before purchasing and I place no blame on the bike for that. However, “for me, personally” I have no intention of drilling holes to put a rack on my Wing, towing a trailer or packing a bag on the seat. For those of you that can make it work as-is or are comfortable with making the necessary adjustments I say good for you. It is unfortunate for me that this issue only came to light recently while preparing for a trip. Once I weighed my options I made the decision to move-on. Simple as that, a personal decision that I made based on my needs and wants.
Oldbikerbill figured it out!
Regards,

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
That’s an honest answer. I Totally understand. Good luck in the future. I pull a trailer when I take a long trip about once a year. Wife gets to take her curling iron. Keep it touch here and let us know what you end up riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
301 Posts
Very fair assessment Motor Guy. I'm one of those guys that no matter how much available space I have on a bike I manage to fill it and still wish there was more. No one bike is right for everyone and no harm done in stepping away in search of something that will better meet your needs. good luck in your search.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts