GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold the bike tonight to Wayne from Alabama.They have been wingless for a few years and are ready to ride.Everyone around Jacksonville Alabama be on the lookout for Wayne and Wilma with a big smile on their face.I hope they get as many smiles from the bike as we did.I haven't decided what my next ride will be but will have 4 wheels.I'm leaning towards the Mazda Miata if I can find a good used one.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,912 Posts
Sold the bike tonight to Wayne from Alabama.They have been wingless for a few years and are ready to ride.Everyone around Jacksonville Alabama be on the lookout for Wayne and Wilma with a big smile on their face.I hope they get as many smiles from the bike as we did.I haven't decided what my next ride will be but will have 4 wheels.I'm leaning towards the Mazda Miata if I can find a good used one.
Hope your not leavin

Miata's are a hoot Like an MGB on steroids( with a working electrical)

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Glad you found a buyer but sad you can't come riding with us anymore.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Good luck and happy trails.

Them little Miata's look like they'd be a blast to drive. Enjoy.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Good luck finding an MX5. IMHO, it is the best value in a sports car today and one of the best handling in the twisties of any car (assuming you are not a professional race car driver). Try one out to see if you fit in it before getting too serious, though. They're not good if you're over 6 ft or very large.

·
Registered
633 Posts
;) I've ridden through Rock Face, GA a few times. I'll continue to wave as I pass through. :doorag:

·
Registered
259 Posts
I just bought a MX-5 and just love it. I found a nice used one with the retractable hard top. So much fun to drive!

·
Registered
392 Posts
A 2002 model is what I have when I need a roof, or to carry luggage. I love my sports car. handles well, good value, good fun. Good luck on your search have fun.:cool:

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Try one out to see if you fit in it before getting too serious, though. They're not good if you're over 6 ft or very large.
We took one for a test drive last Saturday.There is not a lot of hip room but I did fit.I'm 6 foot and was able to fit comfortably.Other than me fitting in the car my other concern was my wife getting car sick on curvy roads.She did fine as long as the top was down and had the AC blowing on her.Riding on the bike was not a problem for her but i'm a little concerned during the winter with the top up and the heat blowing on her.I guess I could always leave the top down and let her wear her Gerbings.:roll:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
We took one for a test drive last Saturday.There is not a lot of hip room but I did fit.I'm 6 foot and was able to fit comfortably.Other than me fitting in the car my other concern was my wife getting car sick on curvy roads.She did fine as long as the top was down and had the AC blowing on her.Riding on the bike was not a problem for her but i'm a little concerned during the winter with the top up and the heat blowing on her.I guess I could always leave the top down and let her wear her Gerbings.:roll:
Ha, my wife used to get car sick whenever I drove aggressively on twisty roads but it got better as she's gotten older. Having the top up doesn't seem to bother her any more than having it down.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Miata

I had a couple of Miata's between bikes. The best riding to me was during the summer at night---------with NO HELMET! I miss the shorts, tennis shoes and no helmet riding ha ha.

·
Registered
397 Posts
We just picked up a 2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5. Sort of a Miata on Steroids. If you can find one take it for a ride it is unreal. I think they only made them in 2004 and 2005. It is turbo charged with sport suspension and a bunch of other stuff the other Miata's don't.

And don't listen to anyone who tells you it's a girls car or get a real sports car, they probably never drove one.

·
Banned
350 Posts
Get your wife a Miata...tell her it is a sports car, powerful and all. Get yourself something with a cast iron V-8 and some real HP, not a sissy 4 banger made in asia. I like Fords but Chevy makes a decent motor even a mopar if you are desperate. Just not some rice burning 4 banger that pretends its way through the straights and claims to make it up on the corners.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 46 Posts