GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how many solo riders pull trailers?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I do on trips with just the guys. We put at least 4 of our peoples stuff in my trailer. When I go with the better half, I always take it as we need the room for the kitchen sink.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Bought the trailer for the wife. After divorce, can pack everything I need on seat. My uni-go just sits at home.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I often keep our Uni-go hooked up when solo. Like havng easy storage and access - sort of like an SUV. The Uni is so light and small that it does not noticebly effect performance.

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
I pulled my Piggy on a 8,000 mile solo coast to coast trip I just completed. It was nice not having to cram and bungee stuff into and onto the bike. I put only those things I needed often or quickly in the saddle bags and trunk.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I made a 5-state trip (no co-rider) last summer and pulled the Bushtec for the entire 3,200 miles. I had 2 buddies with me so I carried my stuff (way too much) and their extra helmets and cold weather gear. I figure why not pull it. I'll be taking it to Ruidoso in a few weeks just for the convenience. It has a garment bag on the lid and I can pack a suitcase rather than having to stuff the soft bags into the bike's saddlebags and trunk.

·
Administrator
3,569 Posts
My Tailwind is now pretty much an integral part of my Wing. It comes in so handy for everyday commutes that I pull it all the time. I can't think of a valid reason to not pull it.

Glen

·
Registered
84 Posts
All the time, the extra space makes everything convenient.

R/BDW

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
Mine is always in tow, solo or two up.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Yup. Every trip that involves an overnight stay....

·
Registered
546 Posts
solo with trailer

Iam from Michigan and I am now in Independance California. My Bushtec has a folding bicycle, 12 x 12 canopy modified for windy days. Water purifier tripod barbeque grill folding chair firewood saw. I just can't get it all on the bike. I have been on the road for a month. All I have to do is unhitch the trailer when I want to travel the mountain roads.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I take my Escapade Elite on most solo trips, except when heading to California. They tend to enforce a 55 mph speed limit on any vehicle pulling a trailer, and my Wing just won't run that slow!

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I solo all t he time. Sure, the tent and air mattress and chair and cameras and laptop and....the list is endless, will fit on the bike but it is a PITA. The trailer keeps the stuff safe, out of sight of those up to no good. Drop it at the camp ground and do all my riding around town with no trailer. (unless I need firewood!)

·
Registered
673 Posts
Pull mine with all my camping gear. Will pull mine to Ruidoso In a couple of weeks . Set up camp drop it . Ride for a few days, load it back up and head home,
thomas

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Phillip,
You have to unload all the shoes first? You tell that to these guys BUT that Escapade is OUR RED HEAD'S trailer...

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Just went to New England with two other bikes. I was riding solo. It was nice for everyone else to have the extra storage. I could just open it up and everyone could throw their stuff in.

I also switched to a Hartco seat which eliminated a couple of inches in the pillion, so my Saddleman bag doesn't fit there anymore and has to go in the trailer.

It allows you to bring anything you want with you. Sort of nice reallly... i like the noise of a fan when I sleep so I brought it. Turned out that it helped drown out my riding buddy who snores.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts