GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
IronMan
17,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
www.solomonscastle.com ono florida - lets get some you southern folks come out . foods good - was there last year and had music entertainment . it's in middle of no where but its nice ride and castle is a must see at least once . - meet 11:00 /11:30 eat 12: 00

·
Registered
46 Posts
Dang, I'd be all over this one . Less than an hr from me but I'll be in Sunrise, FL for the weekend. Enjoy

·
Registered
296 Posts
UncleJohn
This is the link I think you meant...
http://www.solomonscastle.org/default.htm

also that they don't take plastic, ate at another restaurant in Oldtown that also did not take plastic and I didn't ask and didn't have enough cash for the dinner (had 10 people) but they gladly took a check.

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
UncleJohn
This is the link I think you meant...
http://www.solomonscastle.org/default.htm

also that they don't take plastic, ate at another restaurant in Oldtown that also did not take plastic and I didn't ask and didn't have enough cash for the dinner (had 10 people) but they gladly took a check.
I've been there a few times...always paid with plastic.
Would love to go John but it's my weekend to work.

edit: I see where they don't take credit cards...I wonder if that is new or if they only take debit?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm in for one on Saturday.

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
I really enjoyed it last year, it was a small turn out but a beautiful day, great ride and I enjoyed the guy playing guitar too.
John, do you know if they are going to have live entertainment Saturday?

·
IronMan
17,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NO BUT YOU CAN CALL THEM N POST LOLOL:wrong:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Ok guys here the scoop.
I just called Solomons Castle and talked to Dean he said he will take plastic from us but would prefer cash.
And they will be having music if the weather is ok starting around 11:30.
If you are going please give John a head count by Friday so he can call so they can plan for the food if we have a large turn out. If we only have a few then don't worry about calling.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
John
Count me in for 1
I think i can make it back home by 1:30 in time to take my grandson for his first Haircut.

·
IronMan
17,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
btt

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
John, I'll try to make it. see you at 11 or so

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
John
Add 1 more to the Riverview Gang. (Hide all your women)
That makes 5 Total coming with me so far.

·
Registered
122 Posts
The gathering was sparse today with 9 of us meeting for lunch. Even so, it was a good lunch with some good people and I had a great time. The temperature was great at lunch time, with the overcast skies, it was probably around the low to mid 70's sitting under the shade trees. I got this new JVC video camera a couple of months ago on Black Friday at 50% off, so I shot some video of the ride and of the lunch gathering. I still need some practice with video editing as I had about two and a half hours of video and most of it was of the ride there. Even so, the ride portion came out a little long. With Gary riding in front of me, that makes him the star of the video. Here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxeCjGz6hL8

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Looks like you had live music too.

·
IronMan
17,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow ! Camera does do good job ! Thanks for posting ! Me n ken got some rain on way home - frostproof to yeehaw junction ! Took 15 minute break n it was gone . Nice ride /food/freinds ! Place was packed !

1 - 20 of 27 Posts