GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Yeah, but I'd still have to remember I have the wrist band on...……….

·
Registered
16,984 Posts
The crevasse is no mystery. The horizontal boxer 6 has a wide shallow valley with a raised front plate and raised rear plate. Just nice big parts tray for all of our good stuff.

prs

·
Registered
477 Posts
Just don't reach for your wallet full of credit cards (old style stripe) with it on!!!! GRIN

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,575 Posts
Yea the wing has a black hole alright. I remember with my old bike I just got done putting it all back together after taking the top shelter off and was putting my Garmin back on and out of the hundreds of times I've done that that with no problem...I drop the little screw driver that you tighten the security screw with and I watch helplessly as it hit and rolled into the black hole. I had to take the bike apart again and search for that little screw driver tool....it fell all the way to the bottom and was sitting on top of the engine and I could barely even see it. I had to use a extendable rod magnet to get that tool.

I've already dropped a screw that holds the plastic steering cover into the hole with my 2018.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not sure how this is called in English, but it‘s a cheap set from a local store:
https://www.bauhaus.info/kfz-werkzeuge/bauhaus-greifer-set/p/20810720
It‘s a 3 piece set...
A telescope with a magnetic tip
A telescope with a mirror
A flexible piece with a gripper arm (?)

Should be available at e.g. your home depot.

I bought this just because it was cheap, but it already had saved me an hour after I had to get out some small parts out of a metal tool board that had fallen inside without disassembling the whole unit :serious:

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Retrieving parts

I don’t know what’s wrong with you guys, just turn your bike upside down and shake it.
I don’t think that is recommended in the service manual, so you probably should not do it. :grin2:

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I’m sure I’ve got lost screws, shelter clips, plastic push pins lost in the black hole spread from BC to Nova Scotia mostly in the states we’re they decided to jump ship while going down the many highways

1 - 16 of 16 Posts