GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some ideas on what to get to help with wind control on the new 2019. I have already decided it need a "wider" windshield, not really taller. What are people using around the mirrors or the bike sides. On my 15 all I needed was Baker hand wings to get done what I wanted. This bike is a whole new game...

·
Registered
242 Posts
I installed an F4 standard height windshield. The New shield that Lewis Preston from Electrical Connections was showing at Wing Ding looked really impressive too. I forgot what brand it was, maybe a Slipstreamer. I like looking over my shield and I can do that without buffeting wind with the F4. It is 2 1/2 inches wider on each side with a mild "recurve" at the top. It makes a really big difference. I have under the mirror wings that also make a major difference in wind control. If it's cold I leave them out and when hot I turn them in to flood my body with wind. The "air vent" on the dash is not very effective. I have the lower shields, and I leave them out most of the time. Turning them in during hot weather directs a good bit of heat to my legs. Congratulations on your new wing. I know you will love it.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Slipstreamer and Honda Wings under the mirror make a huge difference to me. I have the 20” Wide version and see over it easily at 5’7” normal torso.

·
F4 Customs
367 Posts
The best wind control is the recurve windshield and if you like the same height the 20" wide will give you so much more protection. If your riding two up and you like to look through the windshield then the 24" is great.

don

·
Registered
16,973 Posts
Bean-O works for me.

prs

Reactions: GOV5

·
Registered
19,228 Posts
I like the OEM shield but I want a little extra wind down in Texas with the heat. When my OEM starts to show scratches I have had luck with the F4 shields lasting longer and resisting the scratches

1 - 9 of 9 Posts