GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I get rid of my Harley and buy a 2018 Goldwing Standard. What, there’s nowhere to put all my stuff! I buy a REALLY NICE Kuryakyn bag, and it works well for a week or so. Blah, it rains everyday in Tennessee, and I’m too lazy to put the rain cover on the bag every day. So I mount a HUGE Pelican 1620 case to the luggage rack. Box weighs 20lbs empty, luggage rack supports 7lbs. AND, it hangs like 8” over the rear of the bike, adding all sorts of unnecessary force on the luggage rack. FML. Think to myself, there’s got to be a better way.

I removed the passenger backrest, and was able to move the box forward about 4 inches, and now there’s almost zero weight hanging off the back of the bike.

Well, the wife’s main problem with the bike was that the seat is too big and she slides back and forth. Moving the box forward made the seat smaller, and I mounted a passenger pad from a Harley, and now the seat is MUCH better for her.

So I created my own problem, and finally solved it.

Before you ask, I don’t like the way the Honda trunk looks, or I would have just bought the Tour model. My wife rides with me 3x a year, and I ride every day, and put 18,000-25,000 miles on a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,564 Posts
Glad you got everything tuned in and its working for you. Your is the first comment I've heard that says the back seat has too much room :)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Not sure that I've ever seen a coffin transverse mounted like that....:eek:4:

But as you said, it's hearse seat and as long as she's comfortable...0:)

·
IronMan
17,636 Posts
So, I get rid of my Harley and buy a 2018 Goldwing Standard. What, there’s nowhere to put all my stuff! I buy a REALLY NICE Kuryakyn bag, and it works well for a week or so. Blah, it rains everyday in Tennessee, and I’m too lazy to put the rain cover on the bag every day. So I mount a HUGE Pelican 1620 case to the luggage rack. Box weighs 20lbs empty, luggage rack supports 7lbs. AND, it hangs like 8” over the rear of the bike, adding all sorts of unnecessary force on the luggage rack. FML. Think to myself, there’s got to be a better way.

I removed the passenger backrest, and was able to move the box forward about 4 inches, and now there’s almost zero weight hanging off the back of the bike.

Well, the wife’s main problem with the bike was that the seat is too big and she slides back and forth. Moving the box forward made the seat smaller, and I mounted a passenger pad from a Harley, and now the seat is MUCH better for her.

So I created my own problem, and finally solved it.

Before you ask, I don’t like the way the Honda trunk looks, or I would have just bought the Tour model. My wife rides with me 3x a year, and I ride every day, and put 18,000-25,000 miles on a year.

LOOKS LIKE READY FOR CAMPING ! BOX WILL HOLD CASE BEER AND BAG OF ICE ! = READY TO GO ! :smile2:

·
IronMan
17,636 Posts
Where you get yellow lenses / bulbs ? For fog lites

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glad you got everything tuned in and its working for you. Your is the first comment I've heard that says the back seat has too much room :)

Yeah, she’s used to Harley seats, on the wing, there was room for another person between us on the seat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts