GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share some mods , the trunk removal, led puddle lights and some carbon fiber vinyl.
I think some videos out there like max maccalister are a bit overrated. They actually scare you. I learnt that if you take you time it's actually not difficult at all. If something is not fitting sung it usually means that something is in the way like a harness, etc.
I was not left with an extra screw or push pin.
If anyone is thinking about taking on the job of adding accessories, I say do it with confidence. I am like a 1 out 10 diy guy, so if I can do it anyone can. This was also my first time attempting vynal wrapping. Some pics of the bike stripped and complete. Enjoy.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
468 Posts
Nicely done. The carbon fiber is it a wrap or actual replacement parts?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Looks nice, especially the lower bag trim. What shield are you using? Can you post a few shots of the overall bike from a further distance? Great job.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I would like to know more about the carbon fiber wrap. What product is this? is this an applique? I think the carbon fiber looks great

·
Registered
557 Posts
dude really?

Looks nice. You may want to upgrade your phone to a better camera
C'mon man...this dude posts pics of his bike that others may want to see and maybe do the same thing...and your response to him is to get a better camera??

Not very cool IMO

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I am posting a pic of the carbon fiber vinyl i used. Its normal wrap vynal, I bought 2 mtrs of the stuff, watched some you tube videos and attempted it.
The screen is a F4 16" tint.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
RE: The 16" w/s. Will it go high enough for you to look thru it if for whatever reason the need arose?
I had the screen in its highest position and I can just look over it, but even if you are shorter and look through it, you can see fine. I know its tinted, but it must be like a 15% tint, because even at night it seems clear enough.
I am 166cm tall

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Btw I forgot to mention I also installed the optional usb cable. It works great because you could have the i phone connected to the one, which will activate car play and you can have a memory stick or even a 2nd phone connected to the 2nd usb. For only a few dollars, that 2nd usb is a great accessory.

·
Registered
103 Posts
very nice work . bike looks super .
wonder if red stripes on rims would add to it ?
i have the non tour and love them on the rims .
i also will be doing carbon look in spring
not nice weather in chicago this time of year

·
Registered
63 Posts
For carbon fibre. You may want to consider this process

https://www.kingsmenkustoms.com/gallery

I’ve done it on a few pieces. You can see my bike on Traxxion Dynamics YouTube site. White DCT video.

I have a few more areas that I will be getting done this winter.

Nice work on your modified Airbag Tour. I’m considering removing my trunk on the White Tour.

Jay

1 - 20 of 24 Posts