GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke to one of the reps for the Dunlop tire distributor and his words were "It may be 9 to 12 months before Dunlop has all of their models back in stock". He strongly suggests switching to another brand if you are still waiting on Dunlop to deliver soon.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thank you for the up-date Hal. I switched to Bridgestones, gonna try Avons next time.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
I was at my local dealer the other day to order new tires for my FJR1300 (the ones I wanted are the new Avon Storms and not yet in stock with my dealer), but we talked about Wing tires also. They have a good supply of Dunlop E-3 rears (not fronts now). Plentry of Bridgestone, Metelers, etc. I found it interesting that they had the rear and not the front (as back in the summer it was the rear that was in really short supply). I think my next tires will be the Bridgestones.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Holy Cow!!!! Oh well, by the time they are ramped back up for production they will come out with a E4.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
I just received a couple D-207 Dunlops for the V=Rod rear. They have been on back order since May 06. They are sold already!

Crystal Ball here, but my guess is that Dunlop is focused on Manufacture orders and not the after market crowd. I would also guess, that they will leak some tires into the aftermarket pipeline, but not a full compliment and spotty at best.

Oh well, lots of folks have changed to other brands and like them. This does not go well for Dunlops return.

Bulldog

·
Registered
553 Posts
why dunlop

:D why in the hell would anyone give money to dunlop ? what a great company telling customers to shop at the competition,,hehehe amazing ....CMON china,,you can make a killing in America on tires !!! amazing,,just amazing...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts