GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
BigMick, back in June, Bill (bmr4106) took us all to a link: http://www.valkyrieforum.com/bbs/index.php/topic,28837.0.html where a Valkyrie Riders Cruiser Club board member offers to provide the Spicer 430-9A U-joint and do the machine work on the yoke for VRCC members at $260 each. He offers to provide an additional U-joint for an additionl $40. Bill reported later on that he located a used 1500 yoke and was sending it to the guy.

Just sitting here wondering how much a typical machine shop would charge. The fellow on the VRCC board states that he needs at least 4 units at a time to justify the set-up cost.

Keep the ideas coming.

Ride safe,

Wayne

·
Registered
501 Posts
Wayne,
I have sent my yoke off for the mod. One interesting note, not all Goldwing yoke assemblies are created equal. There are some that are "beefier" than others. The one on the CSC trike is thicker than some others. Don't know how this might affect modification. Rob has looked at both and would rather modify the "beefier" unit. The picture below shows three of the beefier units and on of the other units.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
The heavier ones are the original Valkyrie yokes. There once were different ones for the Goldwing and Valkyrie. Honda changed later and used only the Valk. yoke for both.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Wayne,
I have sent my yoke off for the mod. One interesting note, not all Goldwing yoke assemblies are created equal. There are some that are "beefier" than others. The one on the CSC trike is thicker than some others. Don't know how this might affect modification. Rob has looked at both and would rather modify the "beefier" unit. The picture below shows three of the beefier units and on of the other units.
Bill, I realize that the yoke's not going to be modified overnight but keep us in the loop when you get yours back. The one you sent in, was it one of the beffier ones or are you the odd-man-out?

Ride safe,

Wayne

1 - 5 of 5 Posts