GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I snapped this pic this morning about 6:45 AM.. I was at the 6 point intersection of Grand Avenue & McDowell & 19th Avenue roads in Phoenix Az.

I looked over and saw the scooters. I got my digital camera out of the left pocket of the GoldWing. The traffic light pole & lights were blocking my view of them , so I took the best photo I could

Looks like some Runes sitting there. I guess they are not all sold yet? Or these are on their way to be delivered.

;)

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I too think it's a nice looking custom cruiser, but it is limited in usage, with a rather large price tag. I suppose if I had some of that disposable cash I'd have one.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I was in Metro Power Sports on Bell Rd today and they have 2 Runes on the floor with a 24,500 tag on them....so they are available, more so than th 04 wings.....

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Regarding Metro Motorsports in Glendale:

this site has some interesting info to read about the whole group of dealers owned by one large corp:

http://www.arizonamotorsports.com/

I bought my Wing from Town & Country in Chnadler AZ... the service staff has been good, the work performed so far has been trouble free. Oil changes should be trouble free though.

The sales staff at T&C suck. One sales guy told me the memory buttons on the wing were for the mirrors and stuff "like a car".

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Tony in AZ said:
Regarding Metro Motorsports in Glendale:
Interesting Tony, I do not have direct experience with any of these dealers (I should say thank goodness). When I was looking to purchase my 03, I did contact some of these dealers and the common result was: if the wing was not on the floor...they could not, would not, will not get the one I wanted.....so sales staff were very poor. I purchase my wing from Western Honda in Scottsdale....told the sales manager what I wanted and the price I would pay, he checked with the owner and called me back the same day...told me no problem, the wing will be here in one week. Service has been good also, minor to date: oil change and saddle bag latch adjustment. Oh, and they "did" know what all the button functions were when I took delivery :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
I went to Metro honda about a year ago with every intention of buying a new wing. After standing around for about 30 minutes, expecting someone to ask if I needed any help, I finaly went over to a group of salesman looking guys (Looked like kids to me) leaning on bikes. I told them I was intrested in a Goldwing. I was told the guy that sold Goldwings wouldn't be in until Monday. I told them I was really serious, they said come back on Monday. I left went to North Valley Honda and bought my bike that afternoon. I did go back to Metro Honda on Monday (on my new bike), but still couldn't get anyone to talk to me.

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gary,

I bought a new first year GL 1100 from Western Honda, I paid cash for the bike. I was on a waiting list and Western called me to see if I still wanted one.

I had problems there. Not with Western the company, the sales manager was the problem.

He called me a month or more after i bought the wing. He said they had sold the bike for $200.00 less than they paid for it. He asked me to make up the difference so the deal "was even". I declined the offer and reminded him that they had set the price with no haggle on a new , hard to get bike.

4 months later (near 6 months of owning the bike) I had to get the AZ state MVD involved to get the title for the bike. I was told the sales manager was gone and he had hidden my paperwork in his office.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts