GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
~Flame suit on~

I know everyone "loves" Direct Line parts and until an hour ago, I thought they were a good place to spend my money also.
Whoever answered the phone at Direct Line this morning is an azzhat. On June 29th, taking advantage of the holiday sale at Direct Line, I ordered handlebar risers and a traxxion fork brace. The risers arrived within a couple days. The fork brace was back ordered. I called to ask about the ETA. The person that answered the phone said it would be several weeks until he gets them from Traxxion. When I mentioned that Traxxion has them in stock and what would be the reason for a delay, the guy on the phone says he will not micro manage his business with me. WTF? :shrug:
Getting smart azzed with customers is just not a good way to do business.

~Rant finished~

·
Registered
273 Posts
When I mentioned that Traxxion has them in stock and what would be the reason for a delay, the guy on the phone says he will not micro manage his business with me. WTF? :shrug:
Getting smart azzed with customers is just not a good way to do business.

I would have thanked the individual for sharing that with me then tell him to cancel my order. There are too many sites to choose from to have this kind of attitude with a paying customer.:wrong:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Those kind of remarks are not a good sign. Somebody at HDL better take note and lose the attitude. It was a reasonable question, the answer to which suggest something or somebody is out of control.

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
If that happened to me.I'd call Dan at DLP. http://gl1800riders.com/forums/member.php?u=49822

I know you are ticked off,But remember "They can't fix a problem unless you call and tell them about the problem".

Lamont is also very reachable and will sort out issues as they pop up.

Employee's are just that.They can be retrained or fired for losing customers too.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would have thanked the individual for sharing that with me then tell him to cancel my order. There are too many sites to choose from to have this kind of attitude with a paying customer.:wrong:
That's just what I did. Traxxion will ship them out today. They should arrive by Thursday.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Too bad we can't hear both sides...only fair, don't ya think?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I agree that the remark wasn't the best answer.

There could be several reasons that Traxxion has stock and DLP doesn't. One of which is just beacuse Traxxion has RETAIL stock doesn't mean that they have WHOLESALE stock. As a product vendor if I am low on an item why would I sell my product at wholesale and risk running out of retail stock. Just because you can buy it doesn't mean that is available to everyone.

Rick

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
(Begin disclaimer):

...HDL hs been a great company to sponsor this board and many of us would have no other forum were it not for them. So that's great. I understand the relationship between us and them...ie we're their guests on this site.

(End Disclaimer)

I agree with the point that posting is not a bad thing but that bringing this to someone's attention would be far more productive. I've become an advocate of good service and demand it or go elsewhere. That said, I like to give "management" one try to fix it before I go. Their reaction determines my next steps. I recently told a vendor that "it's not my job to help you fix your customer service problems, it's yours". I would copy your post and send it as mentioned above or to Hal or Lamont. If satisfactory response, I think it would be big of you to let us all know. Similarly, if you don't, I'd like to know personally as while I enjoy this board I also believe that there are indeed many places to spend my money and I spend my money where I get back value and some level of appreciation.

·
Banned
3,711 Posts

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Ya all get upset way too easy .

If someone says that to me, I will say.....Ok Jack what is the problem. Did you step in something today or what. :lol: Time we are done I have a new friend.

If they cannot help me, I will in a courteous manner cancel the order and go another direction. Or Not, depends on if I am in a hurry or not.

And not posting on here that someone mistreated me. I will take the up with them.

Not a whole lot upsits me anyway. It is all just a part of the day. Life would be kinda dull without a challenge or two.

I just got back from a flood in a home. Entire home is destroyed, ceilings fallen down, nice wood floors all bucked up, lady was crying, husband was mad at the world, got in my face, chewed out the insurance man.

It is all cool, problem fixed, a smile and a handshake and they are over the shock, and one day they will say, yea we know that guy Kit. He did not punch me, he just grinned.

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
Maybe you should have followed your own advice??? :shrug:

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
(Begin disclaimer):

...HDL hs been a great company to sponsor this board and many of us would have no other forum were it not for them. So that's great. I understand the relationship between us and them...ie we're their guests on this site.

(End Disclaimer)

I agree with the point that posting is not a bad thing but that bringing this to someone's attention would be far more productive. I've become an advocate of good service and demand it or go elsewhere. That said, I like to give "management" one try to fix it before I go. Their reaction determines my next steps. I recently told a vendor that "it's not my job to help you fix your customer service problems, it's yours". I would copy your post and send it as mentioned above or to Hal or Lamont. If satisfactory response, I think it would be big of you to let us all know. Similarly, if you don't, I'd like to know personally as while I enjoy this board I also believe that there are indeed many places to spend my money and I spend my money where I get back value and some level of appreciation.
Hal Greenlee has retired and no longer involved in the business and that maybe part of the problem.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
....I agree with the point that posting is not a bad thing but that bringing this to someone's attention would be far more productive......

Sometimes posting gets a very fast resolution, we have seen that before. the upside is that we all get to know about the resolution as it happens.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
They will delete this thread soon enough, so......

I ordered Bakers Wings from them, waited 10 days, never got them, never got an email, nothing. When I called and politely asked, he jumped on me! I was polite and courteous, and I got them 2 days later, but I wont order from DLP again as a first choice.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ya all get upset way too easy .

If someone says that to me, I will say.....Ok Jack what is the problem. Did you step in something today or what. :lol: Time we are done I have a new friend.

If they cannot help me, I will in a courteous manner cancel the order and go another direction. Or Not, depends on if I am in a hurry or not.
:agree: YOU DA MAN!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Too bad we can't hear both sides...only fair, don't ya think?
The other side owns the board and can voice their side as they see fit....don't ya think?

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
:wrong:...and you hung up the phone without talking to someone else? :wrong: And then you come on here and badmouth them in their own living room before giving mangement a chance to respond and/or apologize? :wrong:
And you put someone's dirty laundry up for others to see before pulling them aside and telling them personally they stink?:wrong: "Flame suit on" says you know you were going to be criticized for handling this wrongly, yet handled it that way anyway.:wrong:

:wrong: on SOOOO many levels. Flame suit on...

Hope your flamesuit works. You need it.

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
I've had good service from HDL so far and have experienced a couple of delays in shipping that were due to their wait to get the parts I ordered from their supplier. No problem, I understand they do not and can not stock everything they sell.

Sometimes if we are annoyed about a delay for whatever reason we convey our annoyance or frustration to the salesperson on the other end of the phone. He or she may then react in a negative manner.

We only heard one side of the story. Perhaps the OP was less than warm and friendly himself? I'm sure HDL is not going to post a defensive whine.

·
lightley seasoned member
3,081 Posts
I've had good service from HDL so far and have experienced a couple of delays in shipping that were due to their wait to get the parts I ordered from their supplier. No problem, I understand they do not and can not stock everything they sell.

Sometimes if we are annoyed about a delay for whatever reason we convey our annoyance or frustration to the salesperson on the other end of the phone. He or she may then react in a negative manner.

We only heard one side of the story. Perhaps the OP was less than warm and friendly himself? I'm sure HDL is not going to post a defensive whine.
Ya think ? :joke:

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
One thing I do everytime now, When dealing with any company, I get the person's name at the start of my call, and note the time I spoke to them.
Then if there is a problem, you can contact their boss & voice your complaint.
and you'll know who you talked to.

And I've sent Thank You emails to management and listed the persons name when they did a great job.

Complaints without a name & details means nothing will get fixed.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts